Developer: Elysian Worldwide Chicago Development LLC
• Engineers: Alan G. Davenport Wind Engineering Group BLWTL., WMA Consulting Engineers.
• Constructors: Great Lakes Plumbing and Heating, Gurtz Electric Company, James McHugh Construction Co., PERI Formwork Systems Inc., Superior Mechanical Systems Inc.
• Others: Arcapita Inc., Charter Sills, Golub & Company, Jenkins & Huntington Inc., Koenig & Strey GMAC Real Estate, LaSalle Bank, Morgan Group Inc., Simeone Deary Design Group, V3 Consultants, Waterford Hotel Group LLC.
• The building is an ultra-luxury hotel and residence featuring 188 guest suites and 52 private residences, those, when free, are managed by the Hotel in it, which are 2 units per floor with terraces and high ceilings, a throwback to the grand hotels of the 1920's, with the current modern conveniences.
• A tuned liquid damper at the top of building minimize the wind effects of slender structure.
• It was approved by City Council on June 13th, 2005.
• Originally designed of 153m with 153 units, the height was later increased to 234.7m before a final reduction.
• A Restaurant building of 14-storeys was proposed in 1972 to this site. Each floor would have a different restaurant.
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).