Description • Lot area: 10760 m².
• Architects: S. S. Serafimov, S. M. Kravets, M. D. Felger
• Engineer: P. P. Rottert
• The first highrise built by the Soviet Ukrainian government, the State Industry Building is one of the few examples of Constructivist architecture. Bridges link this multiblock building, which wraps a quarter of the way around Svobody Square.
• The antenna was added to the roof in 1955. Design: Kharkov UkrRDIsteelconstruction.
• When completed, this was the largest building in Europe by floor area.
• Tallest highrise in Ukraine till 1954.
• Tallest building in Kharkiv till 1979.
• Consists of 3 buildings of 6, 13, 6 floors, which are connected with passages on 3th, 5th, 6th floors. Longest bridges are 26 m. Between buildings 2 streets are. 9 porches.
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).