|Oriental Pearl Tower|
| - communication|
| - conference|
| - hotel|
| - observation|
| - restaurant|
| - retail|
| - tower|
| - pod|
| - revolving floor|
| - sphere|
| - stilts|
| - futurism|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Top floor||1148 ft|
|floor of indoor space module|
|Lowest observation||295 ft|
• Architect: Shanghai Modern Architectural Design Co. Ltd.
• Owner: Shanghai Oriental Group Co. Ltd., C & K
• Incorporation: Shanghai Xinhua Fire Inhibitor Factory
• Elevators: Otis Elevator (China) Investment Co. Ltd.
• Its design is based on a Tan dynasty poem about the haunting sound made by a lute.
• The three columns between the two largest spheres are 9 meters in diameter, and the big spheres are 45 meters (upper) and 50 meters (lower) in diameter. The smallest sphere at the top is 14m in diameter.
• The tower has three observatory levels:
1. Space Module: The highest is at 350 metres.
2. Sightseeing Floor between 263 and 259 metres.
3. Space City: The lowest at 90 metres.
• Pearl Oriental TV Tower operates a 20-room hotel called the Space Hotel, located in the five smaller spheres between the two biggest ones up the center of the tower.
• Asia's tallest TV tower, and the third tallest in the world.
• Member of "World Federation of Great Towers".
• Phorio Entry
• Wikipedia Entry
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.