|Richard J. Daley Center|
|55 West Randolph Street, Loop Downtown|
Chicago IL United States
|Floor Area||136,102 m²|
| - courthouse|
| - government|
| - office|
| - highrise|
| - international|
| - glass|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|26th floor||500 ft|
• Design Architects:
- C.F. Murphy Associates.
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP.
- Loebl, Schlossman & Bennett.
• Constructors: American Bridge Company, Gust K. Newberg Construction Co., MB Real Estate, Peter Lindsay Schaudt Landscape Architecture Inc., Public Building Commission of Chicago, Sako & Associates, Severud-Elstad-Krueger Associates, Westinghouse Electric Elevator, Schindler Elevator.
• An untitled Picasso sculpture sits in the plaza in front of the tower. Many people have tried to figure out what it is, while is made from same brown stell the buidling. But when viewed from the Northeast it becomes the profile of mayor Richard J. Daley.
• The Richard J. Daley Center is the the tallest court/judicial building in the world.
• The Tallest building in Chicago from 1965 to 1969, surpassed by the John Hancock Center as well tallest flat-roofed building in the world below 40 stories.
• The building was considered for landmark status in 2001, only 36 years after completion.
• The structural bays are wide enoug to be often compared to bridges.
• Each pier of building is shaped in plan like a cross, and become narrower towards the top, cause supports less weight.
• Lobby & Plaza are frequently used for cultural events and political demonstrations.
• Phorio Entry
• Wikipedia Entry
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.