G. B. Broverman. Construction of Masts and Towers. Moscow, 1984
top of 12 m circumscribed octagon
20 m circumscribed octago
Bottom of 20 m octagon
Bottom of octagon
Switch heights to
Description • Diameters: 90 m (legs); 23 m (circumcircle of lower octagon); 20 m (circumcircle of middle octagon); 12 m (circumcircle of top octagon); 4 m (axial tube); 3, 2.6, 1.7, and 0.72 m (top cylindres)
• Design: Projectsteelconstruction (main structural engineer O. I. Shumitski)
• Tallest structure in Ukraine
• World's tallest free-standing metallic tower
• World's first all-welded tower
• The tower remained standing after it was hit by a missile in March 2022.
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).