HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Aug 23, 2015, 1:08 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard | FT | 27 FLOORS

Making a thread for the hotel building being discussed on 93-01 Sutphin Blvd. It's being built by a different developer, and will be one of downtown Jamaica's tallest.

New Look: 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard, Hilton Garden Inn, Jamaica

BY: REBECCA BAIRD-REMBA
7:30 AM ON JULY 27, 2015

Quote:
Just as BRP Companies gets ready to start construction on its big, mixed-use project, The Crossing at Jamaica Station, Able Management is working on plans for a 27-story Hilton Garden Inn at 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard, across the street from the Jamaica AirTrain and LIRR station. Now YIMBY has a new rendering for the Hilton, first revealed by DNAinfo last fall.

The hotel will span 125,000 square feet and hold 225 rooms, according to a rep from architecture firm GF55 Partners. A forty-foot glass base will host the lobby, bars, pool and a green roof terrace on the fourth floor. Twenty-three stories of rooms will rise on top, complete with a rooftop bar. There will also be a restaurant and a gym.

[...]

Able estimates the hotel will cost $54 million, and they hope to break ground in early 2016.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Aug 23, 2015, 1:13 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Some history on the project:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
An early rendering of the hotel being built just to the south at 93-43 Sutphin Blvd.

More on that hotel
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1454065
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Updated Rendering:

==============================
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...ace-of-jamaica
Quote:

Rendering of a Hilton Garden Inn planned for downtown Jamaica. The four star hotel will rise 24 stories and have 240 rooms.

Court decision clears the way for luxury hotel in downtown Jamaica

================================
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2069641

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:50 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Update: NEW YORK | 93-43 Sutphin Boulevard | 270 FT | 26 FLOORS

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Quote:
Ready and Able: LI developer closes on Jamaica parcel, files hotel plans

Quote:
Able Management Group closed Monday on its acquisition of 93-47 Sutphin Boulevard in the Queens neighborhood of Jamaica, and subsequently filed plans Friday for its new 27-story hotel development on the site.

The Long Island-based developer, led by CEO Viral Patel, closed on its purchase of the property from the Greater Jamaica Development Corp. for an undisclosed amount, according to a source with knowledge of the deal – allowing the developer to push forward with a planned Hilton Garden Inn on the site.

The development is slated to hold 225 rooms across 125,000 square feet, with amenities including a pool, fitness room and lobby restaurant and bar. The hotel’s rooftop will also house a bar and terrace. Plans overcame a hurdle earlier this year after the Greater Jamaica Development Corp. settled a lawsuit with Robin Eshaghpour, who claimed to hold a 99-year lease on the site, according to the New York Daily News. The developers also had to reach a deal with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, which owned a third of the property.

The project, scheduled to break ground early next year, is among a flurry of big-ticket developments coming to Jamaica — with BRP Companies planning two mixed-use buildings housing 580 apartments and developer Pride Hospitality Group building an 18-story, 283-key hotel nearby.
====================
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/08/....XGkUZ2Fg.dpuf

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 1:49 AM
New Yorker for life

http://rew-online.com/2017/02/08/ren...on-garden-inn/

Renderings released for new Jamaica Transit Hub Hilton Garden Inn

BY REW • FEBRUARY 8, 2017

Quote:
GF55 Partners has released the first renderings for a new 27-story Hilton Garden Inn at the Jamaica Transit Hub adjacent to JFK Airport. GF55 is the architect and interior designer for the entire building.

The hotel breaks new ground in the development of the Hilton Garden Inn brand with its sophisticated and forward looking aesthetic. Taking cues from the HGI palette, GF55 reinterpreted the brand’s image.

The result is a cosmopolitan and New York structure that will appeal to the international travel guest. The amenities take their cue from the energy of the City, with elements that connect to both business and leisure travelers. Public spaces and rooms are adapted to meet the demands of the new wave of casual business traveler, providing a variation between softer and harder work surfaces. The lobby and meeting rooms are designed as multifunctional spaces with a flexible layout creating gathering spaces and a business hub.

The new Hilton Garden Inn will be one of the tallest buildings in the area. Urbanistically it is a Transit Orientated Hospitality Design and will be iconic in its form as it will serve as a beacon for the revitalization that is happening in Downton Jamaica.

The hotel’s sculptural roof design will serve as a unique and iconic crown. 125,000 sq. ft. hotel will contain 221 guest rooms, a full-service restaurant, a rooftop bar, gym and meeting rooms. The façade is made of reinforced concrete with a glass window wall for the guest rooms to take advantage of the views towards the Manhattan skyline.

“This building has been an opportunity to create a complete environment as we have designed the building itself and all of the interior spaces and finishes. It serves as a guidepost for our future upcoming hospitality work, “stated David E Gross AIA, Partner in charge for GF55.

The Hotel is across the street from the Jamaica Station bustling transit hub that serves the JFK’s Air Train the LIRR station, 3 subway lines and numerous bus routes. The 221-room hotel will be a part of the community drawing travelers from all over the world to Jamaica.

It is estimated that 60% of its guests will be in the travel business and that over 80% of its guests will arrive by public transportation and not in their own private vehicles. The non-profit organization, Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, has been instrumental in facilitating the project and has worked closely with the Owner / Developers Able Management Group for almost 6 years. The hotel will break ground in early 2017 and is scheduled to be completed in October 2018.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals