HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Lexington Marriott City Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Lexington Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 7, 2008, 7:27 PM

As an example, Waterfront Park Place in Louisville is 22 stories and 264 ft/80 meters tall and is a residential tower. That would work out to 12 ft/floor.

Also, in Louisville, the E on U.S. Tower is one floor taller, at 23 stories and 328 ft/100 meters tall and is not a residential tower. That works out to 14.26 ft/floor. National City Tower is 40 stories, it is 512 ft/156 meters tall and is also an office tower. That works out to 12.8 ft/floor. I have also read, however that NCT is 38 floors above ground and 2 below. I think it was on their website that listed floor 38 as the top floor but can't recall for sure. If it is 38, that would work out to 13.47 ft/floor. The Meidinger Tower is 26 stories and 363 ft/111 meters and again is an office tower. That works out to 13.96 ft/floor.
Lastly, PNC Plaza is 30 stories and 420 ft/128 meters tall and is an office tower. That works out to 14 ft/floor.

In Nashville, the Viridian Tower is 31 floors, 115 meters, 378 ft tall and that works out to 12.19 ft/floor. The Cumberland Tower is 23 stories 236 ft/72 meters tall, and that works out to 10.26 ft/floor.

Between all the residential towers listed, the avg is 11.483 ft. The avg w/out Cumberland is 12.095 ft.

Between the office towers, the avg floor height would be 13.755 ft. So there is definitely a difference from residential to office towers. One of the ones that really comes to mind as being tall with a low floor count is the Bank of America Tower in Atlanta. That tower is 1023 ft and only 55 floors. I know it has the spire at the top, but I don't know how much of the height that takes up. It looks to me to be between 200-300 ft. That would make each floor between 13.15 ft & 14.96 ft.

Myke

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive