HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 9, 2019, 4:47 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
I was on a different website today and found out that the US TSA has a program to allow visitors at select airports to be able to go thru the screening lines and either see people off or meet them in the secure air side locations or eat and shop in the secure areas.

Detroit Metro Airport is looking at doing it and SEATAC had a pilot program in 2018 and Tampa International does it every Saturday from 0800 to 2000. Tampa markets it as you can eat at food places on the secure side or shop at the speciality stores.

I'm wondering does anybody know if CATSA allows this at any major airport in Canada?
It's funny to think back before there was security and people just came and waited with you like it was a bus terminal. Then the "take me to Cuba" hijackings started and that innocent world came to an end. The thing I never understood is why they don't board from both ends like they used to do way back then, before the skywalks. I guess it's expensive but the time savings would be so big.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan