HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 11:50 PM

SF is a very progressive an important city i think it needs a signature tower such as this

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nergie View Post
Awesome, cheers to SF forumers you guys are going to have a lot of fun in the next few years. Transbay is a HK type development, would love for Chicago to get something similar for a West Loop Transit Center.
You guys are except it's not a rail station. It's called the Chicago Old Post Office Redevelopment..........

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 1:05 AM

Just walked by the TBT site, and while not much, there's definitely been some recent activity. All the remaining concrete that formed the entrances and walkways in front of the former building has now been broken up and piled into mounds. Didn't get a photo this time but will next time I walk by. Is anyone on here in one of the surrounding towers and able to get an aerial shot?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 2:46 AM

Some tidbits from a recent SF Business Times event:

Quote:
Paul paradis of Hines: transbay tower "socketed" into bedrock with 42 8x10 foot piles -- 250 feet deep. #SFBTEVENTS

https://twitter.com/JimGardnerSF/sta...88611635957760
Quote:
Paradis: Transbay Tower will start leasing in late 2015, and open in middle of 2016. #SFBTStructures

https://twitter.com/SFBTevents/statu...89480007876608
Quote:
SFBTStructures - Paradis: 101 Second St.: 36 month construction schedule for 101 Second St.

https://twitter.com/SFBIZjkdineen/st...90079973732352
Pretty sure that last one is a typo, and it's referring to 101 First St.

If they really have a 36 month schedule, they're going to have trouble finishing by mid-2016!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 7:10 AM

I have been following these development threads for about 7 years, and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that timetables are meaningless.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 5:01 PM
Sonoma Strong

Isn't mid-2016 36 months from now?

Pictures of Santa Rosa, So. Co.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2013, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbay View Post
Isn't mid-2016 36 months from now?
More like late-2016, but again, it doesn't really matter. Mid-2016 can realistically mean anything from mid-2016 to late-2017.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesweeper View Post
Some tidbits from a recent SF Business Times event:

Pretty sure that last one is a typo, and it's referring to 101 First St.

If they really have a 36 month schedule, they're going to have trouble finishing by mid-2016!
I might be getting a little anxious and optimistic, but about half way through today's Transbay Mission (and Beale) cam you can see a little digging happening on the southwest corner of the tower's lot. Very well could be part of the terminal construction, but thought I would point it out.

http://transbaycenter.org/constructi...mission-camera

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977 View Post
I might be getting a little anxious and optimistic, but about half way through today's Transbay Mission (and Beale) cam you can see a little digging happening on the southwest corner of the tower's lot. Very well could be part of the terminal construction, but thought I would point it out.

http://transbaycenter.org/constructi...mission-camera
Hmm, that does look like something...

None of those cars, trailers, or construction equipment were ever on that lot until a few days ago, and it's not immediately obvious to me why they're necessary for the terminal construction. Anyone hearing anything?

Last edited by hruski; Sep 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hruski View Post
Hmm, that does look like something...

None of those cars, trailers, or construction equipment were ever on that lot until a few days ago, and it's not immediately obvious to me why they're necessary for the terminal construction. Anyone hearing anything?
The time-lapse video provides more evidence that they are working on the tower site not the terminal. This is looking very promising!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2013, 11:15 PM
She needs her space

Lots of chatter about TT in real estate community...I'm sure it's about the most sensitive deal in the city right now, but everyone's talking about it. BP has hired CAC to represent them at both TT and 535 Mission.

edit

Last edited by simms3_redux; Sep 27, 2013 at 5:04 AM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 11:22 PM
Build Baby Build

Some pics from today.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 11:38 PM
testify

one excavator on site? is he clearing the surface to prep for piles?

i have to say that i'm truly surprised that this one seems to be on track. like, the stars have lined up for this one in a big way, very very impressive. it could be that every single transbay terminal parcel (aside from the temp terminal, obviously) is under construction at the same time, which almost no sf watcher could have imagined if pondering it at any point from 2012 back to the 1980s. truly something else.

now if we could just get the two pine street lots built out, we'd be rolling. in that case, with the way the market is now (white hot for condo + fidi shifting south), i wouldn't be surprised to see them come back as residential.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 12:41 AM

If you check the Department of Building site, permits were issued today. It now lists the building as 63 stories. Does that include the underground parking levels, or did they add extra floors to the building?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 1:30 AM

I saw a semi hauling a huge pile across the bay bridge this morning. I would like to think it was for this tower

^^I was not aware this building included underground parking?

Last edited by mt_climber13; Sep 28, 2013 at 4:48 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2013, 6:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
If you check the Department of Building site, permits were issued today. It now lists the building as 63 stories. Does that include the underground parking levels, or did they add extra floors to the building?
Most of the SF Planning documents say "61-story". Here's a diagram from a Planning PDF from last October. It shows 60 floors, plus a mechanical penthouse, making 61 floors. The numbers could get fudged depending on whether you skip the 13th floor, and whether you count the penthouse and roof level as floors:

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 6:50 PM

Quote:
LAYNE CHRISTENSEN ANNOUNCES $19 MILLION GEOCONSTRUCTION CONTRACT

Globenewswire
September 18, 2013
NASDAQ.com

THE WOODLANDS, Texas, Sept. 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Layne Christensen Company(Nasdaq:LAYN) ("Layne") today announced that its Geoconstruction Division received a contract to provide specialized foundation work in connection with the construction of Transbay Tower in San Francisco.

The contract has an estimated value to Layne of approximately $19 million. Work on the project is expected to commence in October 2013 and last approximately 6 months.

Transbay Tower is a 1.3 million square-foot, 61-story skyscraper that will become the centerpiece of a 145-acre, multi-purpose development in downtown San Francisco. The tower, which will be built adjacent to the Transbay Transit Center, is slated to become the tallest building on the West Coast, rising to a height of 1,070 feet.

Layne's Geoconstruction Division will install the building foundation system by the use of LBE (load bearing elements). Seated approximately 245 feet deep, these LBE are designed to support vertical loads from the building framing system and transfer them to the foundation.

Rene Robichaud, Chief Executive Officer of Layne, said, "Layne's selection as a contractor for this landmark project is a recognition of our world-class ability to offer specialty foundation construction services in a safe and sustainable manner. We are excited to be a part of a project that will help transform San Francisco's skyline and form the new heart of a revitalized neighborhood."
http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/...20130918-00769

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 8:33 PM

^ very good. USA say hello to your third mega skyscraper hub; SAN FRANSISCO!

Old Posted Sep 29, 2013, 8:58 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by King DenCity View Post
^ very good. USA say hello to your third mega skyscraper hub; SAN FRANSISCO!
The topography will make this shine even more. New Postcards will have to be made.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 5:43 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Really great news. Amazing that Wilshire Grand in LA will be going up at the same time as Transbay....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture