HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
A certain prominent NY (now FL) developer would love to build this thing and put his name on it. Happy Thanksgiving.
Had his chance, remember this?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
Had his chance, remember this?

Yes indeed. In fact, I think that Ivanka was in charge of carrying this off. Fortunately she failed.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2019, 2:22 PM

The Opus saga is hardly unique to skyscraper construction in Atlanta as well as most such efforts in cities globally. Many projects die on the vine; they are speculative, often put forward to judge the market and failing excitement, funding or other causes, just fade away. Fortunately , in the Trump tower case, we got a fairly nice replacement in the same space. Unfortunately, we have a big dirt pile on 14th Street. I think a small park would be nice.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 1:28 AM

Hi, I recently read this thread, and, after reading, was thinking the Opus site would have been a weed covered hole, barren, and lifeless. Alas, I walked by on the Friday after Thanksgiving- a day other sites sit idle. The Opus site was alive! I saw 4 people doing some work- toting equipment on the site. It appears they were working on the rear retaining wall.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 7:45 AM

[QUOTE=montydawg;8763999]Hi, I recently read this thread, and, after reading, was thinking the Opus site would have been a weed covered hole, barren, and lifeless. Alas, I walked by on the Friday after Thanksgiving- a day other sites sit idle. The Opus site was alive! I saw 4 people doing some work- toting equipment on the site. It appears they were working on the rear retaining wall.

Are you sure? They might just be taking a piss or engaging in some hanky-panky in broad daylight.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 9:16 PM

The OPUS building permit was updated today.

Structural review was marked returned by applicant.

Assuming it also includes the changes for plumbing then the permit could have all the approvals soon.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 9:23 PM

Heard the city inspector was out there last week.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:05 AM

The inspector was probably there to check out the potential for foundation damage to the adjacent building.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 10:36 PM

Permit has received approval for structural review. Just needs plumbing approval and she's ready to go.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Permit has received approval for structural review. Just needs plumbing approval and she's ready to go.
So this was never done three year's ago? It is like this is a new project...Whata joke....

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
That's awesome. Thanks for the updates.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 12:44 AM

FWIW, this was posted on SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberrysaus
Made an account just to post this, but I work for a mechanical sales firm in the area and we just got requests for pricing on some of the equipment on this project. Looks like latest plans were issued in November. In my experience, this is usually a pretty good sign that things are moving along.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 1:03 AM

Why do people keep resurrecting this page? Not only is the project in major scope creep phase, but what stakeholders in their right mind would back this project. This project is in the extinction stage and should sell the land and give any deposits made back to those who pre-leased.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Why do people keep resurrecting this page? Not only is the project in major scope creep phase, but what stakeholders in their right mind would back this project. This project is in the extinction stage and should sell the land and give any deposits made back to those who pre-leased.
You can choose not to read it.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
This project has been "Dewberried"

Old Posted Dec 6, 2019, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
This project has been "Dewberried"
This is about the best thing I read all year. I stealing that phrasing from now on

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 8:40 PM

Per cranberrysaus of SSC
Quote:
Just an update. We received full set of mechanical plans. This thing looks huge - about 55 floors to roof. First 18 floors or so are offices/retail with the rest being residential.

It's 50% plans now so likely we'll see this come around a few more times before this is awarded to the sub-contractors. But it's pretty well fleshed out. It would be a pretty big deal if they did all this now and nothing came of it.
Can a moderator please update the thread to 55 floors

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 9:10 PM

Can we update it to a mud hole considering that’s all it is! Update only when something real happens. 50% plans after 5 years, Extrapolate out..... build out when the empire strikes back.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 10:08 PM

FrankenOpus will not die!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2019, 10:53 PM
Just a dude

This thread encapsulates the entire range of human emotion, lol

The person I know with some insight into this says there's no movement, but it's not dead, so basically.... No news is... No news

Hopefully it happens

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta