HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Random Question: Does anyone have photos of the old rail/pedestrian bridge render that was supposed to go up across town lake with the failed 2014 plan?? I cannot seem to find that anywhere online.
I don't believe they ever got that far. They didn't get into design. I think what they sometimes showed in their material (and what you might be remembering) is using Portland's recent one just as an example.

https://trimet.org/pdfs/pm/PMLR_Brid...anuary2011.pdf

Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
I don't believe they ever got that far. They didn't get into design. I think what they sometimes showed in their material (and what you might be remembering) is using Portland's recent one just as an example.

https://trimet.org/pdfs/pm/PMLR_Brid...anuary2011.pdf
Nono! It was the bridge with the giant angled arch. It seemed to be mostly pedestrian oriented, but also would serve as a rail bridge. It seemed to connect at San Jacinto? I swear I'm not crazy

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 3:09 AM

THIS
Felt like I was taking crazy pills.....is this dead? Or, will this happen without the dead bad 2014 light rail route?

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 3:21 AM

Quote:
THIS
Felt like I was taking crazy pills.....is this dead? Or, will this happen without the dead bad 2014 light rail route?
Of course it's dead. Even if that light rail bond referendum passed, this would have been valued engineered into a boring bridge. But it is/was awesome.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
THIS
That rendering was nothing official. It was a UT Architecture student concept. And no, I wouldn't expect to see any bridge there (except maybe Waller Creek Conservancy's pontoon bridge) without rail.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin