HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
It's especially aggravating given its location on Main, where an effort should be made to create a village core. The only thing that would redeem this project in the next 10 years, would be if they go back and create an additional strip of housing and commercial at the street itself.

Very poor planning on the city's part.
I agree with all of what has been said about this project. I really do not care for it. It is huge and ugly. The Main Street in that part of Bountiful is really quite deceiving since the real part of Main Street for Bountiful is a few blocks south of this. You go through the regular downtown Bountiful and the Main Street takes a jog east and then you travel through residential neighborhoods before arriving at this intersection and then back to residential for the most part. Very odd. I have higher hopes for the plans for downtown Bountiful and bringing a little European flair to the area and keeping with the small town feel.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 4:35 PM

Speaking of European flair, has anyone seen/heard anything new at the cottonwood mall site?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 6:09 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Speaking of European flair, has anyone seen/heard anything new at the cottonwood mall site?

Slow economy could delay planned shopping center
October 3rd, 2008 @ 11:55am

(KSL News) The slowing economy could mean a delay in the construction of a new shopping center in Holladay.

Construction on the site of the old Cottonwood Mall is set to begin next spring, but its developer confirmed the project completion could be delayed.

Demolition of the site is complete, and structures in the core of the project should be built next summer; however, further construction will depend on tenants signing contracts for the space.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 7:49 PM

Vacant office space rises 13.8% in S.L. County

Vacant office space rises 13.8% in S.L. County
By Laura Hancock
Deseret News
Published: Friday, Oct. 3, 2008 12:15 a.m. MDT

The availability of empty office space in Salt Lake County continued to increase during the third quarter, to 13.8 percent, reflecting the weakened national economy, according to a report released Thursday.

The third-quarter increase in vacancies came after an increase of 13.5 percent in the first six months of this year, the report from real-estate firm CB Richard Ellis said.

The office-vacancy rate downtown was 10.7 percent in the third quarter, and vacancy in the suburbs was 15.3 percent.

I don't know how projects like The Proscenium can be built when the vacancy rates are so much higher in the suburbs than in downtown.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 8:11 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post

I don't know how projects like The Proscenium can be built when the vacancy rates are so much higher in the suburbs than in downtown.

I have to admit I'm starting to worry about these office-vacancy rates and that it could delay or kill a few projects such as the The Proscenium.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 8:18 PM

We are moving into the new building that we built in Woods Cross at the first of November. The place we are vacating, we have had to sub-lease and trying to find a tenant was not easy. We had only one company come through to look at the space. Our agent told us that the sub-lease market is starting to go crazy. He said that he has some new space coming on line almost every day right now. Our building in Woods Cross will be about 70% leased with the accounting firm I am with and the Mr. Mac's on the ground floor. No interest yet in the other space. Just a little fyi for anyone interested on my experience with these markets.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2008, 3:07 PM

I finally ate at the Cheesecake factory last night and it was a letdown. It's just another run-of-the mill super-hype restaurant. Sure, it fits a good market niche, has a variety of quality food with great service and a good atmosphere, but you can get that anywhere. It was so busy we had a two hour wait! All in all, I would go there again but not with that kind of a wait.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2008, 4:06 PM

I was in there on a Wednesday night at 10:00, and there was still a big crowd. I'll tell you one thing, and that is the cheesecake is not getting the same quality attention as one of my favorite Cheesecake Factory hangouts in Brentwood Calif. I consider myself a cheescake afficianado, and the regional manager is going to hear from me in the near future. I made sure I gave it four separate tries, since their opening, and there is definately a difference in the taste quality. It's as if the one in Murray is dilluting their ingredients.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2008, 8:41 PM

I'm not a big fan of cheesecake. But I do like factories.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2008, 2:07 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

I've never been to the cheesecake factory personally, BUT I can probably make just as good a cheesecake myself, so what's the point of paying for it?

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 1:23 PM

SunCrest could have new owner by end of the month

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700264920,00.html

DRAPER — A Utah company could take over the SunCrest development on Traverse Ridge by the end of the month.

..."I've built around faults my whole life and there are ways you can build around them," he said.

...Draper could also reconsider a master development agreement for SunCrest, said Mayor Darrell Smith. The changes might allow increased density in clusters, leaving swaths of open space on the hilltop.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2008, 1:59 PM

Photo bump of the one of the World's most beautifully situated Metros "Salt Lake City Baaaby."

by Deeb Young

...All of this just minutes from my urban abode, "You just gotta love it!"

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 12:28 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

Hey delts I've got about 200 photos that I took Sunday from that exact location! Hades it was gorgeous. Wait is that Tibble reservoir or Silver Lake? Looks kinda like Silver lake.

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 12:41 AM

The bottom lake is Silver Lake Flats Resevoir. Silver Lake itself is a few mile hike above Silver Lake Flats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGELD_SLC View Post
Hey delts I've got about 200 photos that I took Sunday from that exact location! Hades it was gorgeous. Wait is that Tibble reservoir or Silver Lake? Looks kinda like Silver lake.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 6:03 AM
Bring out the cranes...

RSL played in their new stadium tonight. ( First game ever ) and it was a Tie. I was hoping for a win.

First soccer game at Rio Tinto clogs traffic

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4484576

I feel bad for the people who got their cars towed.

Last edited by SLC Projects; Oct 10, 2008 at 6:29 AM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGELD_SLC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
The bottom lake is Silver Lake Flats Reservoir. Silver Lake itself is a few mile hike above Silver Lake Flats.
Hey jtrent77, Welcom aboard the forum.

Tangeld, Tibble Fork would be the first smaller lake/reservoir you came to at the bottom, before you left the paved road and took the right on the dirt road to your photo op. Like jtrent specified, your photo's/or the ones pictured above are of Silver Lake Flats Resevoir. Here's Tibble Fork below.

Tibble Fork Reservoir

wunderground.com

After the Reservoir Flats, you can cross the river in a jeep/horse/bicycle etc. and continue on up on this road pictured. If you're in a 4x4, I would reccomend a jeep or something with a shorter wheel base, because of many very tight switchbacks. I've taken allot of out of town visitors up to the top on this road. It is phenominally fun and incredibly beautiful. You can drive almost to the 11,000-plus foot level. A short hike at the end of the road, will take you up to the ridge, where you can look over to Alta/Snowbird and the Tram tower.

Last edited by delts145; Oct 10, 2008 at 12:11 PM.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 11:18 AM

New Stadium, a big hit!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...265433,00.html

Mike Terry, Deseret News

Real Stadium is the new model that all soccer stadiums should follow - Mark Abbot, President MLS

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 4:22 PM

I was at the game. Great stadium, great atmosphere! I'll go again for sure.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2008, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
I was at the game. Great stadium, great atmosphere! I'll go again for sure.
How was the parking situation? Am I going to have to eat a slice of humble pie for suggesting earlier that the parking/traffic situation would be a complete disaster?

Old Posted Oct 11, 2008, 3:44 AM

We parked about a 10 minute walk from the stadium on 90th south. No big deal to me. Next time, I think I will take trax to the 94th south station.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West