HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 21, 2024, 1:49 PM
somewhere in-between

Birmingham -

RH Gallery progress, from a few weeks ago. Concrete pours have begun on the 67,000 SF, 4-story mixed-use commercial development. The first three floors are going to be furniture showrooms, and then there will be a restaurant on the fourth floor -

Source: LinkedIn | Sachse Construction

Renderings -

Source: Sachse Construction

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 8:17 PM
somewhere in-between

Oxford -

I just drove past the new McLaren Medical Center, u/c in Oxford. It will contain a freestanding emergency department, radiology lab, physical therapy, oncology / infusion, and provider clinics. It is pretty big for something in this area, located just a few blocks north of the village center. The photos are not my own, but pretty recent. One thing I heard was that when the Oxford HS shootings happened, they had to take victims all the way to Pontiac for trauma treatment. Having an ER right in town will be a big deal for Oxford.

Source: LinkedIn | Hobbs+Black Architect

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 8:16 PM
somewhere in-between

Birmingham -

I forgot to post this article link that I saw earlier this month. I don't think this development has been covered in this thread yet. Being somewhat non-local, I've had trouble keeping up with what all has been announced and built in the metro area. But suffice to say, Birmingham continues to densify with multiple 4-5-story projects in the works. I'll be near there / Troy tomorrow, but not sure if I'll be able to get photos of anything. The article is paywalled, but you can get the rendering and the baseline information that JPMorgan Chase will anchor the 42,000 SF, $80 million(?!) building. I think the building is already well under-construction at 370 E Brown St.

Quote:
New $80M building in downtown Birmingham has major anchor tenant
Kirk Pinho | Crain's Detroit Business
May 9, 2024

Source: Crain's Detroit Business | Saroki Architecture

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 7:03 PM
Detroiter4life

UM, Detroit chamber to collaborate on new Ann Arbor-to-Detroit innovation corridor
Quote:
The idea, known as Innovate Michigan, was unveiled Thursday at the chamber's Mackinac Policy Conference. It's aimed at retaining skilled talent from Michigan universities in the state and securing financing for startups or other companies founded by researchers or university employees who are looking to commercialize their research or intellectual property.
"Our big vision is to set this table for a collaborative initiative that will encompass multiple entities across higher ed, the private sector, the civic sector, philanthropy to move this forward," said Sandy Baruah, CEO and president of the chamber. The university is spending $1 billion on bolstering innovation and economic development efforts over several years, Ono said, including initiatives already in the works such as the UM Center for Innovation in Detroit for which $250 million in new programming investments are planned in new certificate and degree programs "that will really contribute to talent in the state." Ono also highlighted the coalition UM has with Washtenaw Community College, General Motors Co. and others that are working to create a Semiconductor Center for Excellence in Michigan.
As part of this investment, Ono said UM is in the advanced stages of planning for a new innovation district on the north campus at the University of Michigan that will involve multiple research buildings, plus a campus hotel and conference center to provide space to host major national conferences and other large events.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...r/73902531007/

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 9:04 PM

The Semiconductor Center for Excellence has been under the radar for the couple years or so seems to be growing in scope. The Semiconductor Talent and Automotive Research (STAR) was the branding in 2023. The 2022 launched the new Semiconductor Talent Action Team & the Semiconductor Career and Apprenticeship Network began to take on physical form & a centralized hub.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/new...-of-excellence

Last edited by Doc_Love; Jun 3, 2024 at 9:05 PM. Reason: Infographic

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations