HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL123 View Post
Lol a basic bus shelter provides way more protection then what they've built here for a Rapid Transit station. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I totally get that this station will probably only be used in the summer and only to access the lake but still I've seen bus stop on a local road providing more shelter to passenger than this.

I dont even see a place to sit.

This would've been better
Used it the other weekend for the first time. Other than the lack of seating, the shelter was fine. But it wouldn't be in driving precipitation, especially a squally thunderstorm from the wrong direction.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
All year free transit for high school students on STO.

https://ledroit.com/actualites/actua...PXPND5J2Q6I2A/
Nice, but there is still an *, during the school year on schooldays it's free only after 5pm. Seeing the title I thought I was going to save several hundred dollars on my kids bus pass but I guess not.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain View Post
Nice, but there is still an *, during the school year on schooldays it's free only after 5pm. Seeing the title I thought I was going to save several hundred dollars on my kids bus pass but I guess not.
Does Gatineau not provide transport to schools or is this an out of zone situation?

It's still a nice gesture that costs little.

Old Posted May 17, 2024, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain View Post
Missed that. Disappointing.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 5:46 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelnoz View Post
SAAQ Clic works great now, it's way better than the old terrible system.

I assume most people are keeping their official address in Ontario to pay less taxes, the car is just a side effect of that.

You save on yearly renewal fees on both the car and the license by keeping your address in Ontario, but then you lose out on lower insurance. So imo it's either to avoid the hassle or to pay less taxes.
SAAQ and Revenu Québec records can be cross-referenced, so I assume that people who are committing residency fraud would avoid having any files with either organization.

I've known of people, aside from a lease that was only between them and their landlord, who used to only have a phone or cable bill registered in Quebec. Everything else was in Ontario. With modern telecommunications, there is probably a way around that as well.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation