HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 9:47 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
That stat makes zero sense. I'm in a condo and we use close to 20 kWh/day. Granted we have lots of appliances and stuff but heat and hot water is not included.

20kWh is enough to send my EV 100kms or more. In order to meet Toronto Hydro's average, I'd have to drive 200kms/day or 73,000kms/year. I'd love to see their math.
From my reading, I'm guessing they probably just meant that to recharge an average EV from near empty to near full rather than implying that people would be doing that every day. If your car needs about 20kWh to go 100km and it has a range of say, 350km then that would be 70kWh per complete charge.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2024, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
From my reading, I'm guessing they probably just meant that to recharge an average EV from near empty to near full rather than implying that people would be doing that every day. If your car needs about 20kWh to go 100km and it has a range of say, 350km then that would be 70kWh per complete charge.
But it's like saying your electric oven takes twice as much power as an average home... If you are baking 24/7.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada