View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyDoug View Post
Guy Madison was discovered by talent agent Henry Willson at a radio show taping in Hollywood. Guy was on leave from the Navy and in uniform.

Willson was known for his stable of young, attractive clients, including Rock Hudson, Tab Hunter, Chad Everett, Robert Wagner, Nick Adams, Guy Madison, Troy Donahue, Mike Connors, Rory Calhoun, John Saxon, Clint Walker, Doug McClure, Dack Rambo, Ty Hardin, and John Derek. Noir?
Apparently Robert Moseley's new name was given to him by Henry--Guy (the "guy" girls would like to meet) and Madison (from a passing Dolly Madison cake truck). He apparently tried to give Tab Hunter the name Troy Donahue, but he eventually found someone else for that name:

I believe other clients were John Gavin and James Darren. Mike Connors, mentioned above, was first given the name Touch Connors. He's credited as that in a Joan Crawford film titled Sudden Fear. Three client names I'm not familiar with are Yale Summers, Rad Fulton and Race Gentry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post
You can never have too much Guy Madison...

True!

GW, the GM photos in your post are linked to A Certain Cinema...that was a trove of Hollywood photo shots in a dozen
or more categories, a film site founded by Sérgio Leemann, and two years ago, maybe even longer, there was some hosting
problem or something and the entire site unfortunately has disappeared, to my chagrin.

It was linked to a Facebook page where the entry says "We have a new website," but do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maddox Roberts View Post
My god, Guy Madison! I remember him from "Wild Bill Hickock"!
I never saw this series, but I saw some old commercials with him as the character selling Sugar Pops or some other cereal. (It wasn't muselix.)

Last edited by Martin Pal; Jan 6, 2017 at 11:30 PM.