View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2023, 7:27 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkazoo View Post
After you posted this initial announcement of the arena plan, the MLIVE article came out with extensive quotes from the WMU Athletic director, KWings management, Northside leaders all gushing about the possibilities and all but promising to move teams and mountains to make this happen. The existing sport facilities are really wretched and a likely impediment to greater success for either organization. A straight multi-million $ payout to northside community orgs keeps them on the bandwagon.
Thanks for sharing that article. It gives some more insight into the BIPOC initiatives. And that's a very different tune from WMU and KWings, compared to the rumors I heard years ago that they had little interest in the proposal.

Quote:
Catalyst learned lessons from past failures and had all the ducks and broncos lined up and quacking in unison on this one. It's almost certainly a strong GO.

Quote:
I am sad to see the housing plans impacted at least temporarily, but the spin off effects are likely to result in more housing, especially between WMU and downtown. The strong "no change here" contingent will squawk about everything, but I have hope this will come to pass. Empty lots need to be filled in downtown.
Fair point. Hopefully it does catalyze some quality housing development infill. The developer is, after all, named Catalyst.

Last edited by deja vu; Mar 25, 2023 at 2:19 AM.