Like this building on Facebook
|Richtfunkturm Berlin - Frohnau|
|Jägerstieg 1, D-13465|
| - communication|
| - truss tower|
| - cross brace|
| - steel|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Structurae mention as 117m|
• Architects: Eberhardt Kobe, Wolfgang Liebehenschel.
Ex-DBP / DTAG radio relay site.
• Coordinates: 52°39'11''N, 13°17'44''E.
• Actually the site has 3 antennas, one taller Mast http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=8946, this one as middle average construction and a third smaller AM-Antenna.
• Lattice Truss-tower, Directional Radio Transmitter:
- D2 station BXB013.
- CIs 0083/0084/0085 (hex).
- 131/132/133 (dec).
- e-plus station.
- CIs 7613/7623/7633 (dec).
- Viag Interkom station 197
- CIs 2197/22197/42197 (dec).
- Telecom TETRA base of telecom dolphin.
- 118m height, built in 1971/72.
• Cost: DM 2 500 000,-.
• Weight 400 t.
• Foundations: Concrete volume 4 x 100 m³.
• The purpose of the high transmission towers was originally a secure and trouble-free transmission of messages between Berlin (West) and the old Federal Republic of Germany on the territory of the GDR across.
• The height of the tower has resulted from the need to preserve the Earth's curvature to be overcome. The interception security later proved to be an illusion. Until the commissioning of this plant, was a connection only with the help of the technique of interference over horizon radio relay possible, as lower the broadcasting tower was set up. After the reunification of the radio links, it were taken out of service and dismantled satellite dishes in 1995.
• Since 2002 Frohnau also found in experimental broadcasts in DRM mode on the medium wave frequency 1485 kHz instead. Since none of the two antenna makers Frohnau were for medium waves by design emitted, it was built a long wire antenna on a 10 m high mast for AM Radio Broadcasts.
• Google Search
| || |
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.