Like this building on Facebook
|State Industry Building|
Дом Государственной Промышленности
|2 Svobody Square|
|Floor Area||10,760 m²|
| - office|
| - communication|
| - government|
| - highrise|
| - hole|
| - sign|
| - truss tower|
| - sky bridge|
| - constructivism|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Antenna||345 ft|| Secrets of steelworks. Kiev, Steel, 2004|
|2nd roof||207 ft||http://www.kharkov.ua/culture/|
|Lowest roof||98 ft||http://www.world-art.ru/architecture/architecture.php?id=3905|
• Lot area: 10760 m².
• Architects: S. S. Serafimov, S. M. Kravets, M. D. Felger
• Engineer: P. P. Rottert
• The first highrise built by the Soviet Ukrainian government, the State Industry Building is one of the few examples of Constructivist architecture. Bridges link this multiblock building, which wraps a quarter of the way around Svobody Square.
• The antenna was added to the roof in 1955. Design: Kharkov UkrRDIsteelconstruction.
• When completed, this was the largest building in Europe by floor area.
• Tallest building in Ukraine till 1954.
• Consists of 3 buildings of 6, 13, 6 floors, which are connected with passages on 3th, 5th, 6th floors. Longest bridges are 26 m. Between buildings 2 streets are. 9 porches.
• Google Search
| || |
Drawing by Artemco
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.