Like this building on Facebook
|Ostankino Tele Tower|
Останкинская Теле Башня
|127427 Moscow, Akademika Korolyova St. 15|
Moscow MSK Russia
|Floor Area||15,000 m²|
| - communication|
| - conference|
| - observation|
| - restaurant|
| - ride|
| - tower|
| - flag|
| - glass floor|
| - pod|
| - pole|
| - revolving floor|
| - steel|
| - concrete, reinforced|
| - concrete|
| ||Heights|| ||Value||Source / Comments|| |
|Observation deck||1106 ft|
|Restaurant gold||1096 ft||Seventh Heaven|
|Restaurant silver||1086 ft|
|Glass floors||1066 ft|
|Restaurant bronze||748 ft|
|Ground level||0 ft|
• Consulting Engineer: Fritz Leonhardt.
• Engineer: Nikola Vassiljevich Nikitine.
• Coordinates: 55°49'10''N, 37°36'45''E.
• The Ostankino Tower was the world's tallest free-standing structure at the time it was built.
• Currently under reconstruction after a fire on 27 Aug. 2000.
• The tower was completed to mark the 50th anniversary of the October Revolution.
• Named after the Ostankino district of Moscow in which it is located.
• Member of "World Federation of Great Towers".
• In 2003, it has been proposed to increase the antenna to 580-meters.
• Google Search
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).
Terms & Conditions
All content displayed on and contained within this page is subject to Skyscraper Source Media Inc.'s Terms and Conditions. No content displayed on this page may be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written permission by Skyscraper Source Media Inc. All content © Copyright Skyscraper Source Media Inc.