HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 5:38 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^if anything, they should charge more for that double-double, triple-trible, etc. swill. Triple triple...how disgusting is that!?! something like the equivalent of 100ml of cream (even the weak stuff of TH) and 9 packets of sugar. The only thing more gross is the "sweetener" frankenfood.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 6:41 PM
sick transit, gloria

The Tim Horton's in the lobby of my office gives you 2 bags for a large / extra large. But yeah I agree they should allow you to pay per bag and choose your cup size. I'm guessing the argument on their end is it is too administratively complicated...

Also agree with the cream and sugar comment - take a look at the Tim's nutritional calculator online to see how bad a double double is for you. A large double double is just about on par with a latte from a real coffee place. It's clear they use a hell of a lot more than 2 teaspoons of cream or sugar. I don't overly care for anything at Tim's but generally get a large earl grey tea in the morning (as it is in my lobby) with a "half milk and half sugar". Still tastes overly sweet somehow.

And 1 for 10 this year.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 6:56 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^indeed. here is the nutrition (or lack thereof) calculator:
http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu...alculator.html

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 10:48 PM

What is there worse than rolling up the rim and losing? At one Tim Hortons in London, it's having an asthma attack in the store, being refused help by rude staff, and then paramedics unable to get into the store...

http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1903394

I used to work by that Tim Hortons. I know I wouldn't be going back if I still worked in that area. I don't know what it is with Tim Hortons in London, but they sure seem to attract their fair share of PR nightmares. Remember the one where the employee got fired for giving away a Timbit to a regular customer's crying baby?

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 11:06 PM

Every single one of the free coffees I got last week was followed by another free coffee. (And I did not even have to bother with the rim. Plus they were better than the coffee at Tim's.)

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Every single one of the free coffees I got last week was followed by another free coffee. (And I did not even have to bother with the rim. Plus they were better than the coffee at Tim's.)
Overall I prefer McD's coffee, but Tim Hortons' distinct flavour is just...homey to me.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 11:54 PM

I'm 1 for 1! Only won a coffee, though.. but at least it's something!

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 2:26 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
What is there worse than rolling up the rim and losing? At one Tim Hortons in London, it's having an asthma attack in the store, being refused help by rude staff, and then paramedics unable to get into the store...

http://www.am980.ca/news/local/story.aspx?ID=1903394

I used to work by that Tim Hortons. I know I wouldn't be going back if I still worked in that area. I don't know what it is with Tim Hortons in London, but they sure seem to attract their fair share of PR nightmares. Remember the one where the employee got fired for giving away a Timbit to a regular customer's crying baby?
Terrible. Fucking terrible. WTF's the matter with these heartless employees? Managers are supposed to have some St. Johns Ambulance training. I worked in retail/restaurants for more than a decade, and I went every 2 years to renew my SJA license. Came in handy more than a few times, too. Pathetic and feeble excuses by mgmt, owner, and TH in general. For SHAME.

LFP article on this: http://www.lfpress.com/2013/03/04/ti...-asthma-attack

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 4:42 PM

Quote:
“While this young man did ask to use a phone, he did not indicate that he was in distress.”
How the hell was he supposed to tell them he was in distress when he was suffocating to death in front of them?

It sounds like those people dropped out of school to focus on their careers as Tim Horton's cashiers.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 5:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

National Post has picked up the story: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03...customer-says/

Rrrrolll up to timmy's with an asthma attack and get denied basic humanitarian consideration.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
National Post has picked up the story: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03...customer-says/

Rrrrolll up to timmy's with an asthma attack and get denied basic humanitarian consideration.
And, it's (finally) making CBC.

From my experience working in the industry, low-level employees have difficulty thinking for themselves, follow an exact script, and do only exactly what their supervisor tells them to do. I believe that franchises like Tim Hortons and McDonald's breed this, because of the amount of top-heavy control in these companies. If something out of the ordinary happens that isn't "in the manual" or "part of the franchise rules", the employees are like deer caught in headlights. It's the same reason telephone and online customer service usually sucks so much; the employees are told to follow a script and they learn not to listen to the customer or take a moment, think, and understand unique situations.

Though Starbucks is a large company, I doubt this incident would ever happen at a Starbucks, because my understanding is that employees there are encouraged to think for themselves and care for the customer, not just serve them like robots.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I doubt this incident would ever happen at a Starbucks
You are probably right. In fact, when traveling somewhere and asking for help or directions, the staff at Starbucks are more helpful than just about anybody else.

Tim Horton's employees are like robots.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 11:15 PM

Tim Horton's sucks.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 3:15 AM
Torontonian Refugee

They all suck. To be honest, McDonald's likely has the best quick coffee. Starbucks tastes like burnt rubbish, I don't know why people worship it so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^if anything, they should charge more for that double-double, triple-trible, etc. swill. Triple triple...how disgusting is that!?! something like the equivalent of 100ml of cream (even the weak stuff of TH) and 9 packets of sugar. The only thing more gross is the "sweetener" frankenfood.
If you think that's disgusting, I knew a guy who used to take a large "4x4". Take a guess that that entailed.

I'm at 1 for 3 right now. This will be the year I get the goddamn Toyota.

Quote:
Though Starbucks is a large company, I doubt this incident would ever happen at a Starbucks, because my understanding is that employees there are encouraged to think for themselves and care for the customer, not just serve them like robots.
Maybe they were afraid of being fired for allowing a customer to use the phone, like that girl who was fired for giving the baby a Timbit.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 11:12 PM
I am a typical

She won the Toyota:

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 3:07 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Crikey mate, it's just a Camry on stilts. It's not like you won a Land Cruiser

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 4:04 AM
The Vomit Bag.

jesus. what a freaky gif. psycho lady. should not be allowed to drive a car.

3/23. won finally again.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 4:49 AM
digital b0y

1 for 9.

a political policy characterized by inertia and antipathy to change

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 2:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

twice in a row: won a free coffee on my free coffee. yay.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
She won the Toyota:

I do that when they inform me they are out of Boston Cream donuts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada