HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 7:28 AM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
I love how this idiot blames the couplet, not the stupidity of the drivers who can't read the MULTIPLE traffic signs, traffic lights, turn arrows on the pavement, raised medians, every possible warning short of a permanently stationed traffic cop to direct traffic. Isn't it the driver's responsibility to pay attention to where the hell they're going? A right turn is NOT THAT DIFFICULT.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 4:41 PM

^Yep, I guess it's the city's fault the drunk drivers can't drive. The owner of that store is a real douche.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 5:13 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Just out of curiosity, what makes the guy a douche? Surely you're not referring to the guy in the news story video. If anything, I question the city official who seemed to have a bit of a "yeah, whatever" attitude. If there have been that many accidents in that spot since the couplet was created, clearly, something isn't working. Note that it isn't a total of three accidents in that spot. It's three where a vehicle actually hit the building. Could you imagine if that was your shop in that spot?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 5:17 PM

Hmmm ....seems like the drivers are not paying attention to their surroundings....navigating a car in a city takes a certain amount of focus...right?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 5:42 PM

The owner of the fitness store has a long history of bitching about the couplet. He wanted the city to pay to remodel his store since Sandy would no longer pass in front of his display windows. Well, now he has his display window facing Burnside!

(Just watched the video, the manager I know nothing about, but the owner is a real piece of work.)

Old Posted Sep 7, 2011, 9:55 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what makes the guy a douche? Surely you're not referring to the guy in the news story video. If anything, I question the city official who seemed to have a bit of a "yeah, whatever" attitude. If there have been that many accidents in that spot since the couplet was created, clearly, something isn't working. Note that it isn't a total of three accidents in that spot. It's three where a vehicle actually hit the building. Could you imagine if that was your shop in that spot?
The biggest issue I have with that couplet is where it meets Sandy and at Burnside because it I often times stop and forget that we can make a right on a red light after coming to a stop, then I forget that we can make a left onto a one way at the Sandy stop until someone goes.

Honestly seeing that it is not an actual roundabout, I would almost say it would be better to have "no turn on red" to help better prevent accidents at those two intersections, or to have a well marked, "yield to oncoming traffic" sign...but the reality is that I think people are still getting use to that change, I know I rarely use those streets because I hated the original street pattern and now I have almost no need to drive through that area except those random rare times when I forget those changes have happened there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Transportation & Infrastructure