HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 6:38 AM

Denver Co: From Boxes To Points And Curves

HI EVERYONE, I Haven't been on this site for a few years now or at least it seems that way. I wanted to share some of my pics with you all as I now have an extensive collection of pics of Denver and it's rapidly changing skyline. Let me tell you that Denver is looking very nice these days. The old 'to boxey' label is no longer valid. The boxey Republic Plaza is still standing over the other buildings but the new shorter but modern buildings have sprung up enough now that the Denver skyline now should be known for its CURVES AND POINTS. The new Art Museum and Convention Center both give downtown new angles that are spaceship like. The new city and county building and the Denver Post Rocky Mtn News building are curves that look sister like as they are similar buildings next to each other. And "older" buildings contribute to the new look Denver skyline led of course by the cash register like curves of the Wells Fargo Plaza and we cant leave out the points of the tent like roof of Denver International Airport Terminal Building, despite the fact that it is closer to Kansas than downtown. There are several projects under construction or about to begin construction as well. I havent looked at other posts yet and I am not totally up to speed on the upcoming projects but I have heard that a new building near the Wells Fargo Plaza is under cionstruction and will become the tallest building in Denver. I do know that FINALLY the Tabor Center !! will be built begining very soon. The new look Denver to date has not been tall but it now dominates the downtown and has transformed the city giving it a very modern and different look. Maybe the taller buildings are next. Anyways here is a link to my website Denver Skyline page on which you will find over 150 pictures. I plan on adding more over the next few monthes, some already taken and more to take as well. Hope you all are doing well and Im glad to be back. ENJOY the photos and let me know anything you want. For those of you in Denver, it would be nice to meet up and go shoot some pics and shoot some shit too.

CLICK HERE TO BE DIRECTED TO MY DENVER SKYLINE PAGE

THE NEW POINTS TO THE OLD BOX

EARTH TO DENVER, COME IN.....THIS IS DURING LAST YEARS CONSTRUCTION OF THE DAM AS IT HAS BECOME KNOWN LOCALLY. The Denver Art Museum is now open and the angles inside are even better than out. Did you know that you can buy a loft designed by Daniel Libeskind at the DAM?

The Curves of the new City and County Oval

Everyone has seen the huge triangles that glow white at night on the Colorado Convention Cenver, but how many of you knew of the curves on the side of the new attached Parking Garage?

We can still appreciate the old with pics like this........

This tourist couldnt get through the entry to the Colorado Convention Center so he decided to take a look inside the best way he could.....

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 6:40 AM
BANNED

Beautiful!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 6:43 AM
Downtology

Very nice. Denver looks great.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2007, 7:29 AM

nice curves

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos