HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 7:23 AM
A before E

I seriously don't know why people in Lake O fought that building so much, it fits in with what anyone would expect to be built in downtown Lake O.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2017, 4:24 PM

The Wizer Development is a great addition to DT LO......It enhances the Village feel. There is a second major development coming soon.

http://portlandtribune.com/lor/48-ne...r-north-anchor

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 11:19 AM

Potential pedestrian bridge considered across the Willamette between Milwaukie and LO.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 11:33 PM

extend the light rail down the trolly trail a little and have two bridges and theres a bunch of bike paths there.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 6:12 AM
A before E

That will never happen, people in Lake O would stab anyone that tried to do that.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

Having grown up just a mile south from that location, that stretch of Old River Road is a mecca for Walkers, Joggers and Bicyclists. It is a very safe, beautiful recreational corridor. The area is thickly wooded with associated creek drainages and river frontage access. Marylhusrt University and Mary's Woods are located just to the west being separated by a buffer of woods. This area would put at risk to transient squatters migrating into the area and I am quite sure those two large enterprises and Cities( West Linn, Lake Oswego) would not want to risk subjecting Students, Elderly, Residents and Pedestrians alike to possible confrontations with that sort of element......This proposal has no chance of succeeding.

Last edited by Natural; Feb 16, 2018 at 4:45 PM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:19 PM

Like urbanlife suggested, Lake O would fight any bus, rail, or pedestrian connections to the rest of the city. They doesn't want renters, transit users, and other "Riff Raff".

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
Having grown up just a mile south from that location, that stretch of Old River Road is a mecca for Walkers, Joggers and Bicyclists. It is a very safe, beautiful recreational corridor. The area is thickly wooded with associated creek drainages and river frontage access. Marylhusrt University and Mary's Woods are located just to the west being separated by a buffer of woods. This area would be at risk of transient squatters migrating into the area and I am quite sure those two large enterprises and Cities( West Linn, Lake Oswego) would not want to risk subjecting Students, Elderly, Residents and Pedestrians alike to possible confrontations with that sort of element......This proposal has no chance of succeeding.
You are saying a pedestrian bridge would not benefit walkers, joggers and bicyclists because it would cause "transient squatters" to migrate there?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
you are saying a pedestrian bridge would not benefit walkers, joggers and bicyclists because it would cause "transient squatters" to migrate there?
crime bridge!!!

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 9:05 PM

I used to live on both sides of the river and people just walk across the train bridge. I’ve don it thousands of times.

That’s a 30 min walk from the train to the other side of the river if that was built. It would be good for bikers, you don’t have to ride a bike next to train tracks.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 12:39 AM

Wizer Block "The Windward"

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 8:29 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nob View Post
Why downtown Lake O isn't full of these buildings is beyond me.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Why downtown Lake O isn't full of these buildings is beyond me.
I get the impression that many look unfavorably upon renters.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 1:31 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nob View Post
I get the impression that many look unfavorably upon renters.
Which is unfortunate because that is where I could see big, expensive apartments be located with pricey shops and restaurants at street level. I always imagined downtown Lake O being Portland's SoHo in Manhattan.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 1:48 AM

At $6,917 per month wouldn't it make more sense to buy something?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityscapes View Post
At $6,917 per month wouldn't it make more sense to buy something?
Not necessarily. Some folks have bank accounts overflowing with cash and some relocated business executives might opt to rent rather than own for the convenience. It's a whole lot easier to rent and not have to worry about maintenance, property taxes, remodeling, etc. Also, I can't imagine there are more than a few of the apartments near this price.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 10:48 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

Average price over all the units is $3,051 per month.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2018, 10:50 PM

I remember lo 25 years ago. I never thought it would be like it is today. Oregon city has gotten a lot nicer too. Oak grove and Gladstone are still the same.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 3:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilfondel View Post
Average price over all the units is $3,051 per month.
In Multnomah County, property taxes alone would amount to about $1,000 a month for a home at or around $1 million, so rentals are quite attractive to the wealthy crowd. Then consider that the new tax bill lowered mortgage tax deductions to just $750k loans. Might as well rent in that income category..

Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 7:58 PM

Quote:
From Wizer to The Windward

Years of planning have led to the biggest residential and retail addition to downtown Lake Oswego in decades

It's been nearly two decades since the first developer contemplated building something new on the Wizer Block in downtown Lake Oswego.

But 16 years and several iterations of the project later, The Windward — a 290,000-square-foot mixed-use development — is officially welcoming new residents, retailers and restaurants to the site of what once was a 1960s-era, red-brick shopping center owned by the Wizer family.

A festive Grand Opening Celebration is planned for July 12, with tours of model apartments and community gathering spaces leaving every 10 minutes from a well-appointed central courtyard. In many ways, the development looks as if it has been here for years.
...continues at the Business Tribune.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Portland Suburbs and the State of Oregon