HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
The cars are not being stored near condo units for daily commuting to the Loop. They're used by people (like schoolteachers or sales reps) who have to get to outlying areas for work, or for weekend visits to family or vacation homes.
It’s the surburban reverse commute that is changing. Yes people wouldn’t be driving from the West Loop to the Loop, but corporate relocations into DT Chicago will slowly shrink the reverse commute into the burbs for work.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 3:11 AM

905 W Fulton

Feb 6

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 3:25 AM

930 W Fulton

Feb 6

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 3:47 AM

939 W Fulton Market

Feb 6

Old Posted Feb 13, 2019, 1:25 PM

Thanks for getting over and getting pics of the bridge Harry!

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 11:38 PM

Perhaps this observation appeared somewhere else on the blog today. I witnessed soil testing equipment on the Friedman owned parking lot near 300 N Clark Street today. Just north of the Kitchen restaurant. Should have taken a picture.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 12:00 AM
BANNED

^ Thanks for the update. I am very excited for that project as it will have yet another positive impact on the river canyon. It’s a McHugh job and they’ve just completed the budgeting phase with subcontractors.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeviewguy View Post
Perhaps this observation appeared somewhere else on the blog today. I witnessed soil testing equipment on the Friedman owned parking lot near 300 N Clark Street today. Just north of the Kitchen restaurant. Should have taken a picture.
Been at it since Tuesday - said they don't think they will be testing on the lower level.

Chicago | Drill baby drill by Harry Carmichael, on Flickr

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 8:14 AM

Now seeing the damage up close, it’s worse than I thought. First breaking above that shoulder stiffener and then below it. Usually that overrun of the angle is enough to prevent this sort of thing from happening

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeviewguy View Post
I was just thinking about this lot a few days ago! Anyone know what happened with this proposal? https://chicago.curbed.com/2016/5/10...-to-neighbors-

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 4:39 PM

Not that I'm an expert on bridges, but I did notice since they recently repaved that LSD bridge, they made the asphalt have a really high ridge along the expansion joints of the bridge. So every time you go over the expansion joints you car crashes down into the other side of the joint. It's like a speed bump now over the expansion joints. I don't remember it being such a big bump before it was repaved. Maybe that is causing alot more stress on those bridge joints now everyday. They should smooth out those bumps.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Have we reached peak gray facade with fake warehouse windows yet? Geez

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 11:41 PM

New construction building permit issued for a surface parking lot at Madison & Bishop, a block east of Ogden and just south of Union Park. Total of 32 units in 5 stories with ground floor retail. The owner on the permit is listed as the same address for the Pipefitters Local 597, which is right north of this on Washington/Ogden. Not sure if they're developing it or someone else.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/45...!4d-87.6641997

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 4:35 AM

https://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...215-story.html

Tribune Media puts land along the river up for sale

Chicago Tribune StaffContact Reporter

February 15, 2019

Quote:
Tribune Media could sell the 37-acre tract of land it owns along the Chicago River that had been slated for redevelopment.

The broadcast company confirmed Friday that it has contracted with Eastdil Secured, a real estate brokerage, to list the property for sale. Eastdil Secured did not immediately return a call for comment.

In October, Tribune Media's plan to build more offices, a hotel and more than 4,000 residential units on the site along the river was approved by the City Council. Tribune Media called the project River District.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 3:55 PM

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...-megasite-sale

February 15, 2019 11:56 AM UPDATED 10 HOURS AGO

Tribune Media puts North Branch megasite up for sale
The broadcast company is looking to cash out after winning city approval last fall to build an 8.5 million-square-foot campus along the Chicago River.

DANNY ECKER

Quote:
Tribune Media is looking to cash out on a massive stretch of land it owns along the Chicago River after winning city approval to build a sprawling mixed-use campus on the site.

In a move that paves the way for the redevelopment of a high-profile chunk of downtown, the broadcast company confirmed it has hired the Chicago office of brokerage Eastdil Secured to sell its 30 acres along the North Branch of the river, where it won zoning approval last fall to develop an 8.5 million-square-foot megaproject it has dubbed "the River District."

The site, now home to the Chicago Tribune's Freedom Center printing plant, was one of the options the city of Chicago presented to Amazon in 2017 as the Seattle-based e-commerce giant began its search for a second headquarters location.
Quote:
"The site presents a qualified investor with the opportunity to develop a cutting-edge, skyline-defining mixed-use neighborhood located at the nexus of Chicago's densest office, residential and entertainment districts," the flyer says.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 9:49 PM

^^Is this different from 700 West? I know Riverside Investment is/was also a part of that, is it still going or is it also up for sale?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 11:03 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
^^Is this different from 700 West? I know Riverside Investment is/was also a part of that, is it still going or is it also up for sale?
Yes, it is different. O'Donnell and Riverside control the site north of Chicago Ave which is a separate development. Seems like Riverside's attention is focused more on BofA Tower these days.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Yes, it is different. O'Donnell and Riverside control the site north of Chicago Ave which is a separate development. Seems like Riverside's attention is focused more on BofA Tower these days.
That would make sense, thanks

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 5:02 PM

900 W Washington

Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 7:40 PM

woody

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-look-the-same

"near high rise densities, at wood-frame prices"

I've got one of these going up on my street... an affordable housing 7-story campaign contribution special.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development