HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 23, 2019, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Quote from the T&T story re the restaurant:

"O'Neill hinted that it is part of a franchise chain and the first of it's kind in Canada."

They must be waiting closer to the hotel opening so the announcement has more impact.
As I said earlier. I will” see if I can squeeze some info now that we are closer.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Quote from the T&T story re the restaurant:

"O'Neill hinted that it is part of a franchise chain and the first of it's kind in Canada."

They must be waiting closer to the hotel opening so the announcement has more impact.
I would have gone with Outback Steakhouse, which seems like a good fit for this location. The Keg on the east side of Main, Outback on the west. But, there's already that one and only location in Canada, Niagara Falls.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
I would have gone with Outback Steakhouse, which seems like a good fit for this location. The Keg on the east side of Main, Outback on the west. But, there's already that one and only location in Canada, Niagara Falls.
Jack In The Box? Would have a wide appeal. All day breakfast, chicken, tacos, burgers. Or is it something more up-scale?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Jack In The Box? Would have a wide appeal. All day breakfast, chicken, tacos, burgers. Or is it something more up-scale?
I'm sure it will be relatively upscale, at least a roadhouse type restaurant in a similar vein to Moxies, Milestones or Montana's.

Since it is supposedly an American chain, new to Canada, we could end up guessing about this forever. There are lots of regional chains down there that we have never heard of.

They will have to make the announcement sometime in the next couple of months if the opening is in June.........

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 1:27 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
If that is the case, Carrabba's Italian Grill fits the bill.

Owned by the parent company of Outback Steakhouse (Bloomin Brands) it has 247 locations and is based in Florida. The only international location is in Brazil.

Not that well known in this area, though.
Well, it appears that gehrhardt has won the prize for guessing the restaurant chain coming to the Hyatt Place Hotel. Gehrhardt's post was from April - well done sir!!

A well placed source has apparently confirmed that the restaurant will indeed be Carrabba's Italian Grill.

https://www.carrabbas.com

Note that the above is for the lunch menu. The dinner menu is more expansive.

Rumour is that this place is better than Olive Garden. Has anyone tried it out when visiting Florida???

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 31, 2019 at 2:30 AM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 4:16 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Carrabba’s has now been confirmed on Councillor Greg Turners Facebook page (and on Mayor Dawn Arnold's FB page too).

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jan 1, 2020 at 3:33 PM.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 3:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is an interesting thought.

Corey Craig has already announced plans for at least five IHOP restaurants in Atlantic Canada (they are the regional franchisee for IHOP).

I wonder if Cory Craig has negotiated a similar arrangement for Carrabba's too. It would be surprising if the Carrabba's planned for the Hyatt Place Hotel is a one off. If the restaurant is a success, could we see Corey Craig opening one in Halifax too, or in Charlottetown????

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Corey Craig has already announced plans for at least five IHOP restaurants in Atlantic Canada (they are the regional franchisee for IHOP).

I wonder if Cory Craig has negotiated a similar arrangement for Carrabba's too. It would be surprising if the Carrabba's planned for the Hyatt Place Hotel is a one off. If the restaurant is a success, could we see Corey Craig opening one in Halifax too, or in Charlottetown????
Logical assumption. It would be surprising if the Hyatt Place location is a one off. It would make good business sense for both Cory Craig & Carrabba's to have a regional franchisee agreement in place.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Well, it appears that gehrhardt has won the prize for guessing the restaurant chain coming to the Hyatt Place Hotel. Gehrhardt's post was from April - well done sir!!

A well placed source has apparently confirmed that the restaurant will indeed be Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Wow, what do I win???

Old Posted Jan 1, 2020, 9:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Wow, what do I win???
You win a completely non-inclusive and absolutely discretionary opportunity to eat at this fine new dining establishment when it opens later this year.

All expenses are entirely your own responsibility. Enjoy...........

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 4:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Corey Craig has finally caved and confirmed Carrabba's. The T&T states today that more information will be forthcoming next week.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 6:05 PM

Quote:

I wonder what the Cory Craig group feels about Tim Hortons over the last few years. They seem to be all over the place trying everything and anything to change up their menu or offerings to bring in new customers but refuse to do anything about the declining quality of the product.

More and More people are turning to McDonalds & A&W for better coffee and better quality food. The only thing Tim's offers at this point is accessibility and price point. Even then McDonalds beats them out quite often.

I wonder if this is their way of diversifying the portfolio as they are disappointed with how Tims is being handled. I would imagine though that Tims is actually a little better off in the Maritimes with so many small towns having no other options.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 6:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Corey Craig already operates about 35 Timmies in southeast NB. The market is saturated. If they want to expand their empire, they will certainly have to diversify.

They have done this with Wendy's, IHOP and now Carrabba's. They have also expanded into gas stations (Shell) and hotels. I suspect more new franchises will be on the way.

I still wonder about Applebee's (same corporate parent as IHOP), and, now that they have added Carrabba's to the stable, maybe even Outback Steak House (again, same corporate parent).

It's actually good to see a local company bringing strong new brands to the region!

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 3:04 PM

I'm a little late on the Carrabba discussion, however my first thought was "who?". And second thought was, another Italian grill?

But, after really reviewing their menu, it does appear they have something different to offer than the other Moncton Italian restaurants (Baci, Gusto, Rossano, Vitos, East Side Mario), so I'm with the idea.

FYI though, the menu posted above by MonctonRad has US$ prices, so you may want to add $2 on each menu item, which then appears to be more competitive with the local dining establishments, Italian or not.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 5:52 PM

Driving by yesterday, I noticed that they've made a lot of progress on the inside of the Hyatt Place building. For the longest time you could see that the ground floor was totally raw, but it's really coming together now.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 8:56 PM

The last few days they have gone back to working on the outside of the building again. No doubt because of the nicer weather.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2020, 1:57 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

First job postings are out for Carrabba's

https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Retail&...9e566338a5ba58

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 4:18 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Nice picture of the current status of the Hyatt Place Hotel on Main Street (with the Avenir Centre in the background).

found on Retail Talk & Share

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 11:17 AM

Is it just me or is Hyatt one of the slowest builds we've seen around the city? It's not that large of a building but the work has just been dragging on and on with no end in sight.

The Hilton seems to be coming up a lot faster.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 12:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is no question that the Hilton Garden Inn is going up much more quickly than the Hyatt Place Hotel, but I imagine this is entirely due to differences in construction techniques. The Hyatt is steel frame while the Hilton is largely modular prefab wooden construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces