HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #281  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 8:54 PM
Bjoo Bjoo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3
T2 30th floor

Finally...
just got our completion notice

Completion date Aug 05
Possession date Aug 06
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #282  
Old Posted Jul 7, 2020, 7:49 AM
bankai01 bankai01 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 8
got mine as well today 43rd floor, closing date 24th, possession date 25 of July.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #283  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 8:08 AM
Zamir Zamir is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 7
Does anyone have a measurement for just the kitchen island? The one that has the small table attached to it? I measured the table, but for some reason i never measured the island.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #284  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 5:00 PM
burnaby91 burnaby91 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamir View Post
Does anyone have a measurement for just the kitchen island? The one that has the small table attached to it? I measured the table, but for some reason i never measured the island.
36 inches height, 55 x 34.5 on top. 7 inches to tuck in your bar stool
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #285  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 5:28 PM
Zamir Zamir is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnaby91 View Post
36 inches height, 55 x 34.5 on top. 7 inches to tuck in your bar stool
Perfect, thank you! Im going to be removing the table attached to the island and get a counter height table to make it an island dining table
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #286  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2020, 7:48 PM
NetMapel's Avatar
NetMapel NetMapel is offline
Hello World
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,402
Suddenly I am realizing there's going to be a good number of SSPers right here in Brentwood. Welcome to the neighbourhood It's an up-and-coming area and I hope it continues to grow and be prosperous!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #287  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 4:30 PM
Pineapple&Garlic Pineapple&Garlic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Has anyone looked into the cost of insurance? We plugged in the values AWM recommended ($250k deductible) and we got a rate of ~$200/month?!

Please post the insurance provider and the rates here to help each other out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #288  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 6:48 PM
Tangeray Tangeray is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 164
The insurance problem is driving me nuts...not sure what to do. One provider suggested I get policies from two separate agents as sort of a "top up" because one single provider won't cover a 250k deductible...

As for the centre table, I floated the idea of removing the side piece and installing a centre table leg instead which would make it much more functional in allowing more space for seating but do yall think it'll look hideous?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #289  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 10:01 PM
Pineapple&Garlic Pineapple&Garlic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
The insurance problem is driving me nuts...not sure what to do. One provider suggested I get policies from two separate agents as sort of a "top up" because one single provider won't cover a 250k deductible...

As for the centre table, I floated the idea of removing the side piece and installing a centre table leg instead which would make it much more functional in allowing more space for seating but do yall think it'll look hideous?
Only place that will do $250k deductible seems to be SquareOne and we arrived at a $200/m premium. Did we plug it in right?

We were brainstorming some kind of a fold out table so that when it's not in use, it would fold down sort of like a reverse murphy bed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #290  
Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 10:08 PM
jamieson jamieson is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangeray View Post
The insurance problem is driving me nuts...not sure what to do. One provider suggested I get policies from two separate agents as sort of a "top up" because one single provider won't cover a 250k deductible...

As for the centre table, I floated the idea of removing the side piece and installing a centre table leg instead which would make it much more functional in allowing more space for seating but do yall think it'll look hideous?
you mean like this?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #291  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 2:21 AM
MetroYVR MetroYVR is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 134
Jesus, is it really $250k water deductible for Tower 2 owners? Tower 1's strata insurance deductible is "only" $100k.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #292  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 5:12 AM
burnaby91 burnaby91 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroYVR View Post
Jesus, is it really $250k water deductible for Tower 2 owners? Tower 1's strata insurance deductible is "only" $100k.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/here-are-b-c-s...ance-1.4996321

There are laws coming in to help the costs. Apparently commissions are typically up to and over 20%, that's already $40 a month there! I'm guessing they will change the deductible limits to be lower as well through legislation
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #293  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 7:41 PM
Haskeo Haskeo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 1
Anyone have room measurements for plan A?

My wife and I are currently shipping for furniture for our early August move into our one bed unit in tower two. I can't find the sheet which I had written down the measurements on anywhere…any fellow Plan A owners here willing to share their measurements with me? Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #294  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 10:09 PM
Pineapple&Garlic Pineapple&Garlic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnaby91 View Post
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/here-are-b-c-s...ance-1.4996321

There are laws coming in to help the costs. Apparently commissions are typically up to and over 20%, that's already $40 a month there! I'm guessing they will change the deductible limits to be lower as well through legislation
Don't think this legislation will be in place by the time we all move in but hopefully it'll come down in the next year. +$200/month is a ridiculous amount for insurance.

They also increased our strata fee to mitigate the rise in condo insurance... but we have to pay more for our personal insurance?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #295  
Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 10:11 PM
Pineapple&Garlic Pineapple&Garlic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskeo View Post
My wife and I are currently shipping for furniture for our early August move into our one bed unit in tower two. I can't find the sheet which I had written down the measurements on anywhere…any fellow Plan A owners here willing to share their measurements with me? Thanks a bunch!
If you can't find measurements you might be able to do it from doing the virtual tour of your unit plan here:
https://theamazingbrentwood.com/rent...BoCoU0QAvD_BwE

I think this is for Tower 1 and the measurements might not be 100% accurate but it's enough to give you an idea of some measurements.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #296  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 1:41 AM
larkspur larkspur is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2
Insurance

Hi Everyone,

I've been shopping around for insurance with several different places now and I've found www.cooperators.ca had the most reasonable cost with the $250,000 deductible. They just need to... 'confirm if the coverage provided under the existing Strata Insurance Policy is based on 100% Replacement Cost or/and they send you the copy of Building/Strata Complex Appraisal to show the value of the whole structure' in order to secure the cost.

I emailed the strata company to obtain this information so hopefully I hear back soon!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #297  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2020, 5:51 PM
burnaby91 burnaby91 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkspur View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've been shopping around for insurance with several different places now and I've found www.cooperators.ca had the most reasonable cost with the $250,000 deductible. They just need to... 'confirm if the coverage provided under the existing Strata Insurance Policy is based on 100% Replacement Cost or/and they send you the copy of Building/Strata Complex Appraisal to show the value of the whole structure' in order to secure the cost.

I emailed the strata company to obtain this information so hopefully I hear back soon!
What is the quote?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #298  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 1:10 AM
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 13,316
I've heard good things about the Cooperators but haven't used them myself. I currently use Square One and haven't had any issues (or claims!).

I'm curious, Amazing Brentwood is brand new and already has a $250k deductible? Was this all they could get or the strata/developer opting for a cheaper policy? I'm guessing the latter if this was indeed from the developer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #299  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 4:25 PM
VarBreStr18 VarBreStr18 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I've heard good things about the Cooperators but haven't used them myself. I currently use Square One and haven't had any issues (or claims!).

I'm curious, Amazing Brentwood is brand new and already has a $250k deductible? Was this all they could get or the strata/developer opting for a cheaper policy? I'm guessing the latter if this was indeed from the developer.
I think it is a case of developer being proactive in protecting themselves. If you talk to insurers the number of water claims in highrises, even for brand new building is very high. Some are very serious claims affecting multiple units. Tower 2 has fair number of rental units. Many people are ignorant , or careless of using water appliances. Misuse of garburator for instance caused a lot of pipe problems. Some people still think pouring fat laden liquid down the drain is still OK, except that fat solidify in the pipe and eventually clogged up the pipe several floor down. Strata should do some serious education to people living in stratas for a start. Strata insurance is absolute last remedy, proactive education for responsible condo living cannot be over emphasized.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #300  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 4:43 PM
VarBreStr18 VarBreStr18 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 662
If I were a developer, I would do a short video about responsible condo living and make every home owner view it before handing out keys. If any of you been to Hawaii, Hanauma Bay in Hawaii makes you view an video and sign before allowed into the bay area. I mean if you give them papers to read, people may not read it from the piles of papers. As for renters, it will be up to landlord to educate them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.