HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 5:31 AM

Saw a recent photo of this project on Reddit...looks like phase one is close to completion.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpvan View Post
Saw a recent photo of this project on Reddit...looks like phase one is close to completion.
Link to Reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SurreyBC/co...ooks_like_its/

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 3:38 PM

I've driven by there quite often to use the new Scott Road ice rink gym! Unfortunately, that project has looked that way for a year now...

Weststone ran out of cash and they've been trying to find new capital, they may have found some cash if there are crews on site again.

I believe Weststone has used private partners to finance most of their projects who can be more volatile than traditional lenders.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbased View Post
I've driven by there quite often to use the new Scott Road ice rink gym! Unfortunately, that project has looked that way for a year now...

Weststone ran out of cash and they've been trying to find new capital, they may have found some cash if there are crews on site again.

I believe Weststone has used private partners to finance most of their projects who can be more volatile than traditional lenders.
How do you find that gym? Decent free weight section and more athletics based? Or more like your commercial gym with a lot of machines and cardio equipment?

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites View Post
How do you find that gym? Decent free weight section and more athletics based? Or more like your commercial gym with a lot of machines and cardio equipment?
Overall, its good for a solid workout if you go non-peak hours. It's on the smaller side with only 2 squat racks and free weights up to 80lbs. Probably 15 machines. No turf, but a good amount of open space to do more athletic based activities.

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 6:25 AM

After construction essentially crawled along over the last 1-2 years, looks like phase one will finally be completed by July 1st.

Surrey’s newest all-rental complex boasts 514 homes next to SkyTrain
https://www.surreynowleader.com/news...-to-skytrain/#
Quote:
Comprised of four six-storey buildings, “Metro” is WestStone Group’s second purpose-built rental building in Surrey.

A ribbon-cutting event was held Wednesday (May 26) at the 126A Street site, adjacent to the Home Depot store and across the road from North Surrey Sport & Ice Complex.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 12:47 PM

2021, June 19

Untitled by Lexus LX570, on Flickr

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:22 AM

It's not too bad, but there is nowhere to go shopping unless you catch the skytrain out of there. And I don't know how appealing having a Home Depot parking lot as a view and neighbor would be.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 6:03 AM

Yeah, it is a rather unattractive area to live or stores to shop in. Places like River District in Vancouver are at least building towards something attractive in the future.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Yeah, it is a rather unattractive area to live or stores to shop in. Places like River District in Vancouver are at least building towards something attractive in the future.
Eventually Surrey will build up the Bridgeview neighbourhood. I recall some chatter on here a while back about plans for a waterfront village type area. But that's probably 10+ years away.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 6:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
It's not too bad, but there is nowhere to go shopping unless you catch the skytrain out of there. And I don't know how appealing having a Home Depot parking lot as a view and neighbor would be.
According to this website there's 11,867 SF of commercial space.

Quote:
Eventually Surrey will build up the Bridgeview neighbourhood. I recall some chatter on here a while back about plans for a waterfront village type area. But that's probably 10+ years away.
Yeah this is the beginning of development in the area - not the end of it.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 1:26 AM

Quote:
That would be so awesome!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 9:19 PM

2021, July 17

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 2:14 AM

The Mayer talked about the Canal for the Bridgeview neighborhood.

Quote:

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombaman View Post
The Mayer talked about the Canal for the Bridgeview neighborhood.
Are there any really rough concepts drawn up regarding the canal?

I'm curious as to what kind of a pathway they think they can make happen since Bridgeview is a pretty "landlocked" neighbourhood (from my perspective at least) with the industrial, rail, and port of Vancouver lands that surround it .

Not that I'm saying that it can't and shouldn't be done to revitalize the neighbourhood; but I am curious about the logistics behind a canal popping up.

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
Are there any really rough concepts drawn up regarding the canal?

I'm curious as to what kind of a pathway they think they can make happen since Bridgeview is a pretty "landlocked" neighbourhood (from my perspective at least) with the industrial, rail, and port of Vancouver lands that surround it .

Not that I'm saying that it can't and shouldn't be done to revitalize the neighbourhood; but I am curious about the logistics behind a canal popping up.
Not that I know of - it seems to be the mayor pondering out loud.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley