HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

130 North Franklin in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 4:23 AM

Yeah, 696 feet came from a good source.

That puts it shorter than River Point and 150 N Riverside, but taller than any residential building under construction now.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 4:30 AM
MPLSXCHI

Well maybe this is why they are about to start.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...or-700-million

Nice profit of 700 million

I don't think there is a design change this video wasn't up a few months ago......http://www.tishmanspeyer.com/propert...north-franklin

It's visible in the skyline in the video, dope as hell.

Last edited by munchymunch; Nov 12, 2014 at 4:43 AM.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 5:43 AM
The City

^ Holy crap. That video was seriously awesome

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 6:07 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Beginning felt like a scene from the game "Watchdogs". One of the better rendering videos I've seen.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Holy crap. That video was seriously awesome
Agreed. Probably the best I've seen. The music is great too.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 1:38 PM
BANNED

Oh damn! Thanks for posting The video was produced in 2014, per the ending credits. It's clear; this proposal is in full-on marketing mode. Not a chance they're redesigning it, at least for the time being.

By the way, the profit Tishman made on 353 was $315 Million, which still ain't chump change.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 2:00 PM

Def one of the best videos for a proposed building..very thorough..and music was great..lol

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 2:25 PM

Yup great fantastic video here's a screen grab from the vid

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 3:17 PM
Vote for me for Mayor!

super excited for this one!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 4:13 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Oh damn! Thanks for posting The video was produced in 2014, per the ending credits. It's clear; this proposal is in full-on marketing mode. Not a chance they're redesigning it, at least for the time being.

By the way, the profit Tishman made on 353 was $315 Million, which still ain't chump change.

I think the difference between the 2010 and under contract 2014 sales price was a bit higher, as I haven't seen a final purchase price (or tentative, as it's still of course under contract, with I would assume a likely closing date sometime just prior to year-end).........all we know at the moment is the price is somewhat north of $700 mil......

Regardless, this is yet another very strong signal to the market (specifically to Buck, Tishman, Hines, others) that it is time to build, build, build (in addition to the two office towers already under construction)........will have more to say about this in the high-rise compilation thread.....

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw777 View Post
Yup great fantastic video here's a screen grab from the vid

Clean and beautiful!

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 6:42 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by wierdaaron View Post
Yeah, 696 feet came from a good source.

That puts it shorter than River Point and 150 N Riverside, but taller than any residential building under construction now.

I don't doubt for a second that the 696' figure is that actual working height of the current design here. In the video on Tishman's website, you can clearly see that some of the shots from inside the rendered very high floor interior looking out over the cityscape are clearly showing a view from over 700' up (look at the angle looking down on 155 N Wacker, look at how it looks down over the way to 77 W Wacker....and mind you, this is from an actual occupied office floor, not from the top of the parapet or anything.....

....However, that doesn' mean a whole lot, they could have the vantage point off - its just a rendering....there's no law that says the height implied needs to be realistic, or it could be very realistic, and the height of the working design when the video was made earlier this year could have been taller. At the end of the day, the actual planned heights of these towers are in flux in the months before construction begins/financing package wrapped (150 Riverside, RiverPoint, 151 N Franklin), and as we know even in the months after construction begins (150 Riverside at minimum)............

Old Posted Nov 12, 2014, 8:34 PM

Fun video -- with a few revelations about the future:

Metra takes over the El stop at Washington & Wells (0:26)

Blondes (but no one else in town) develop a propensity to flip their hair (1:17, 2:02, and 3:34)

and Garrett Kelleher still visits from time to time (3:20)

Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 1:31 PM
BANNED

Tishman Speyer kicks ass. Krueck+Sexton kicks dick.

ksarch.com

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 2:05 PM
BANNED

Positive news here

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 3:16 PM
DENNAB

Nice I like this one!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 4:13 PM

Awesome this one is a beauty

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
not entirely sure how much that really means in regards tot he development of the building but agree with others, this building is fantastic, would love to see it and 151 N franklin fill in prime spaces in the loop that are currently parking lots

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 6:38 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Yes, the open office plan doesn't work for all companies, especially places that deal with privacy. But it's striking a balance between well daylit environments, good airflow, and sound control. Being in a tall enclosure with low ceilings and static air isn't good for productivity either.

Not all studies cover the age of employees. I'm willing to bet the younger generations are more adapted to open offices. It's a generation that is wired to their phones listening to music. It's not hard to put up that psychological wall around you and stay focused.

A well designed office will supplement plenty of small enclosed conference rooms for employees to handle private conversations.

I'm willing to accept a diminishing trend when furniture manufactures dominate their product line with high wall office systems, but they aren't.
I'm 41, so not exactly the "younger generation," but I'm often more in line with the younger generation than people my age as far as preferences go.

I strongly prefer an open office plan. It's probably partly due to me working in the trading industry where that is pretty much the standard, but better air and light, easier identification of where people I need are, and easier for people who need me to find me all make it so much more efficient than high-wall cubes.

People talk about "distractions" and such, but the privacy of a high-walled cube also makes it easier for people to slack off, which, in my experience, more than offsets any improvement fewer distractions allow from an organization standpoint. And some "distractions" are actually beneficial to a business if they are keeping workers informed and working on the necessary parts of a project when they need to be. Isolation can make change harder simply because people are less aware of what others are doing.

This is going to sound bad, and I don't aim it any anyone in this thread, but it's also been my experience that the people who gripe the most about open plan offices are often the least-productive workers. The only real exception are people doing work that requires privacy, such as certain kinds of law, HR departments, executives, etc. And even then, in the case of executives when you're visible as an executive you can usually muster more out of your workers than you can if they never see you.

So, basically, better light, better air, and having actual line-of-sight of what your team is doing is a huge advantage that, in my experience, more than offsets the switching-costs of additional distractions and disruptions brought on by open-plan office layouts.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2015, 7:40 PM
BANNED

the only people who like open floor plans are loudmouths in sales and marketing, and bosses who like to spy on employees instead of managing.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals