HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

The Brooklyn Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 8:06 PM
build awesome buildings

^those shots above are some of my favorite ever of NYC - thanks for taking the time to snag and share them.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 8:08 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
^those shots above are some of my favorite ever of NYC - thanks for taking the time to snag and share them.
This looks absolutely gorgeous on a 4k display. I wonder if there's a way to have this constantly loop as a desktop background (one of those video desktop backgrounds).

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 8:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Did the leg work. 4k image for one's desktop.

The best angle IMO via the drone. I like the night shots too but I think the 57th street towers, Hudson Yards, Lower M and Dekalb make this perspective magical. The traffic, just a big ass city. Jersey City visible. I wish it panned more to the right to capture LIC. Like a wide pano.

Came out nice.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 10:00 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Nice! I know you’re gonna want to update that when the crown is complete. I’m sure we’ll get more drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscaper View Post
amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
There were more to be had, didn’t want to overload it. This tower will be loved as a Brooklyn icon. And it’s in a perfect location.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 10:18 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

wow nice — i don’t think i’ve ever seen anything like that — with all of’em in one ginormous pic!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 2:24 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 1:15 AM
New Yorker for life

Another distant view with the Queens skyline...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYkL962pvJA/

Old Posted Jan 14, 2022, 1:55 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 1:59 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 2:57 AM
BANNED

I hope that ShOP designs another supertall in Manhattan.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Did the leg work. 4k image for one's desktop.

The best angle IMO via the drone. I like the night shots too but I think the 57th street towers, Hudson Yards, Lower M and Dekalb make this perspective magical. The traffic, just a big ass city. Jersey City visible. I wish it panned more to the right to capture LIC. Like a wide pano.
Wow!

Hudson Yards looks like a gang of thuds from this angle.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 4:07 PM
The Vomit Bag.

This is really shaping up to be a superb tower. Better than many of its similarly-sized counterparts in Manhattan.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 4:08 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 3:12 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 4:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 4:53 PM
New Yorker for life

https://nypost.com/2022/01/20/inside...tallest-tower/

Inside the race to build Brooklyn’s tallest tower

By Shayne Benowitz
January 20, 2022

Quote:
It’s a race to the top in Downtown Brooklyn.

The borough’s densest neighborhood has witnessed a development boom that is now squeezing skyscrapers to heights of over 1,000 feet, rivaling the supertalls on Billionaires’ Row in Manhattan.

“Downtown Brooklyn didn’t have much of an identity over the last decade,” said Jared Della Valle, CEO and founder of Alloy Development, who recently broke ground on the Alloy Block, a five-building, mixed-use project in the area.

Now, that’s all changed.

Downtown Brooklyn’s new live, work and play vibe is partly thanks to a 2004 rezoning, which was designed to increase the area’s commercial footprint.
Quote:
The most impressive new structure to pierce the Downtown Brooklyn skyline is the Brooklyn Tower at 9 DeKalb Ave., which topped out in October. Soaring 1,066 feet above the borough at 93 stories, it dwarfs surrounding high rises, standing almost 350 feet taller than the next tallest building.

Developed and built by JDS Development Group and designed by SHoP Architects, the two firms are no strangers to sky high luxury engineering—they also collaborated to create 111 West 57, the critically acclaimed, 1,428-foot-tall sky palace on Billionaires’ Row at the foot of Central Park.

Whereas 111 W. 57th St. houses a mere 60 residences with an average price point around $28 million, the Brooklyn Tower will offer a more diversified inventory at a much larger scale. It will soon be home to about 550 residences, designed by Gachot Studios, 400 of which will be rentals with 30% designated as affordable housing.
Quote:
The 150 condos for sale begin above 500 feet (where most nearby penthouses cap out), so all will enjoy panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline, New York Harbor, Prospect Park and Brooklyn through floor-to-ceiling windows.

The property also boasts 100,000 square feet of amenities, including health and fitness spaces and elevated outdoor loggias designed by Woods Bagot with landscape design by HMWhite.

While pricing has not yet been released, sales are set to launch early this year with leases to follow and occupancy by late 2022 with Douglas Elliman as the exclusive agent.

“It’s not just a sculpture in the sky, it’s different,” said Michael Stern, founder and CEO of JDS. The staggering tower also incorporates the restoration of the landmarked Dime Savings Bank of Brooklyn, which dates back to 1906, with its dramatic dome ceiling and classical architecture, providing both a lobby entrance to the residences and 100,000 square feet of ground floor retail.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 5:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ 350' above its neighbors at the moment is the eye opening brooklyn tower bit in that article. i wondered about that. it definitely looks it.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2022, 5:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
beautiful shot.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 2:03 AM
New Yorker for life

^ It'll be more dramatic with the rise of 80-100 Flatbush.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CY-OiN9Md9b/

https://twitter.com/seanbeebs/status...533897/photo/1

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 21, 2022 at 3:12 AM.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2022, 2:07 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture