HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:15 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Dude View Post
I was always excited to visit new york in a few years to see all the new massive skyscrapers, but now they require a vaccine to do pretty much anything, so pictures from this site is the only way i'll ever be able to see New york
This is not the forum to cry about your resistance to getting a vaccine for the good of other people living in a society together.

Also, no one is asking for your vaccine card to literally just walk around the city. You can check out all the buildings you want...you just can't sit in an enclosed space breathing the same air as other people if you refuse to get vaccinated.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 4:34 PM

I'm not so sure of the beauty of the tower, may be too Ziggurat?
I have a hard time imagining it in real life, I don't know how effective it can be.
2 wtc + 270 + 175, 3 ziggurat shape mammoth in NY, not problem with this, but 1 would be enough..?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I'm not so sure of the beauty of the tower, may be too Ziggurat?
I have a hard time imagining it in real life, I don't know how effective it can be.
2 wtc + 270 + 175, 3 ziggurat shape mammoth in NY, not problem with this, but 1 would be enough..?
By ziggurat shape, do you mean setbacks?
It's a very common thing, few buildings do not have setbacks in some shape or form.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
This is not the forum to cry about your resistance to getting a vaccine for the good of other people living in a society together.

Also, no one is asking for your vaccine card to literally just walk around the city. You can check out all the buildings you want...you just can't sit in an enclosed space breathing the same air as other people if you refuse to get vaccinated.
Harsh, but fair.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertElim View Post
By ziggurat shape, do you mean setbacks?
It's a very common thing, few buildings do not have setbacks in some shape or form.
no,
I was referring to the fact that they have the same pyramidal shape with the same symmetrical scaling setbacks
This perhaps takes away a bit of elegance and momentum for the tallest one(175 park).
That's only my impression.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 3:36 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
no,
I was referring to the fact that they have the same pyramidal shape with the same symmetrical scaling setbacks
This perhaps takes away a bit of elegance and momentum for the tallest one(175 park).
That's only my impression.
i know what you are saying, but i do not agree at all. there is more or less a pyramid history in all big towers.

the chase tower is on a rectangular plot of land and this hyatt tower is on a more typical square plot. the buildings follow different forms.

also, this hyatt tower is quite a beautiful work of architectural art. just look at that magnificent base and the flow upwards to the gridded crown. yes it has flowing setbacks, as it should. it has potential to be thee very best tower in the city.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 3:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
i know what you are saying, but i do not agree at all. there is more or less a pyramid history in all big towers.

the chase tower is on a rectangular plot of land and this hyatt tower is on a more typical square plot. the buildings follow different forms.

also, this hyatt tower is quite a beautiful work of architectural art. just look at that magnificent base and the flow upwards to the gridded crown. yes it has flowing setbacks, as it should. it has potential to be thee very best tower in the city.
I agree.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 6:51 PM

Guys,
I full agree on the base, that's absolutely stunning, no contest.

For the rest it would depends on personal taste and how this tower will be effective in real life.
For pyramid shape I know there is a pletora of cool and very beautful towers and buildings from Shard Tower in London to the same One Vanderbilt to even the 1 wtc, i truly love these towers.
But at same time there are far less beautiful buildings than those above in the world/New York.

Last edited by Kurtz; Dec 2, 2021 at 8:52 AM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 4:43 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
For the rest it would depends on personal taste and how this tower will be effective in real life.
For pyramid shape I know there is a pletora of cool and very beautful towers and buildings from Shard Tower in London to the same One Vanderbilt to even the 1 wtc, i truly love these towers.
But at same time there are far less beautiful buildings than those above in the world.
No one cares about what's going up in the rest of the world. As far as symetry, the ESB is a perfect example. I think you worry about nothing.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 8:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No one cares about what's going up in the rest of the world. As far as symetry, the ESB is a perfect example. I think you worry about nothing.
As someone who lives in the world and cares about development, I do in fact care about what's going up in the rest of the world. But thanks for speaking for me.
Anyways yeah I don't see what the complaint is here really, he knows how the building is going to look, we've already seen almost every angle of this building including under it in the subway connections.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 2:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

NYguy's fall jacket:

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 6:45 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
As someone who lives in the world and cares about development, I do in fact care about what's going up in the rest of the world. But thanks for speaking for me.
Apparently I have to, because you see, this is a New York development, in a New York thread. When I (or anyone else) care to follow what’s going on elsewhere, I’ll go to the appropriate thread. Be sure to do likewise.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Apparently I have to, because you see, this is a New York development, in a New York thread. When I (or anyone else) care to follow what’s going on elsewhere, I’ll go to the appropriate thread. Be sure to do likewise.
You don't live in a vacuum, neither do I, nor does anyone else in thread. No New York Development exists like that either, this one included. Now I don't condone going on and on about things outside of this specific New York development when in this thread, but he wasn't doing that. Besides we never mentioned anywhere else did we? He said out in the world which could easily be taken for anywhere in New York City. Ofc it could also be taken for elsewhere but considering the context I doubt it.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 10:30 PM

Forget the haters. This may very well be my favorite building planned in the entire country. I love it all from the base to the crown. I'll reserve final judgement until the building is complete, of course, but I think this will be another landmark. One that NYC would be proud to show off to the world like the ESB.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 12:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC123 View Post
You don't live in a vacuum, neither do I, nor does anyone else in thread. No New York Development exists like that either, this one

Guess what, in this case, you absolutely do live in a vacuum. It’s why we have individual threads for individual developments. Get with it, or stay out of it. Other people have been able to manage it.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 3:03 AM

The base is perfect. The crown needs some more refinement, which it will most likely receive. The detail renders we have so far really only focus on the base.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 3:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
The base is perfect. The crown needs some more refinement, which it will most likely receive. The detail renders we have so far really only focus on the base.

I think that's because the base is more finalized (the exact dimensions may vary), as the piece everything else rests on. This may be the first building in the city that is as iconic at the lowest levels as it is at the top. You'll instantly know it when you see it. We won't have to wait until it's topped out to be rewarded.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 8:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
It would be stunning the crown with same texture of rhomboidal glass panels of the base

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 12:33 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

I really don’t understand why real-life is not as good as in the renderings lol. What I mean by that is real-life is a bit darker and sort of pale while on the other hand the renderings looks bright and better. You know?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 3:44 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i am very pleased with the crown as we know it so far. i think the building flows up into it elegantly and the crown resolves very, very well in an eye-pleasing way. it will look great lit up at night too with the diamond mesh type grid.

but yeah, that base is beyond belief.

i have never been so stunned by the creative thought put into a design.

what did we do to deserve a work or art like this building?

and pretty sure in the end it will come out just as depicted in the renders -- it doesn't seem to have any way to look differently, nor would they ever want it to be less desirable looking than its direct neighbor one vandy.

i think we as golden here as we can be at this stage of the game.

in the meantime we can watch the also wonderfully gothic brooklyn tower finish up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals