HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 7:13 PM
Skyriser

^ If you have something on the ground floor of a residential tower you probably don't want it open till late belching fumes, noise, and drunks below you.

But Downtown is starting to improve when we start lamenting particular GFR tenants.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Lol something tells me he wouldnt even know.

Also, anyone else disappointed the corner spot is going to be a breakfast place?
Snooze sells alcohol which is something absent from Matt’s. I’m a bit disappointed that it closes at 2 pm and wish there was something dinner or a cocktail related.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:55 PM

Seems strange to complain there are no retail tenants downtown then you get one and start complaining it's not the right one.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:05 PM

Plus, aren't there bars in walking distance?

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:53 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Snooze sells alcohol which is something absent from Matt’s. I’m a bit disappointed that it closes at 2 pm and wish there was something dinner or a cocktail related.
The newer Matt's restaurants in Tempe and northeast Phoenix serve alcohol. I'm not sure if that's planned for the First Street location, though.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Seems strange to complain there are no retail tenants downtown then you get one and start complaining it's not the right one.
There are plenty of retail tenants downtown. Thats why its lame that the tenant isnt a business with longer operating hours, like a restaurant that serves all three meals.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 9:59 PM

I've never been to Snooze but it's extremely popular and often has long lines on the weekends, it's also quite well known as a brand so it holds quite a reputation. Those are net positives for downtown Phoenix. Try thinking outside the box, just because you aren't excited about it doesn't mean it isn't good for the city. There are lots of pieces to every puzzle and while some may seem like less interesting pieces they're still necessary to complete it.

Old Posted May 22, 2019, 11:33 PM
Skyriser

There are plenty of places around me that are only open for dinner and places that are closed at 3. Between 2ish - 4ish restaurants are dead and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to stay open, and the lunch menu is more limited the higher end you go. Many close for that period or have a skeleton staff between lunch and dinner.

Having a solid breakfast place is a win in any event. I'd rather have a solid dinner place and a solid breakfast/lunch place in two spots than a single mediocre restaurant any day of the week.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 6:37 AM

AZ Big Media coverage on this and most importantly...

Quote:
Work on Snooze will continue for the next few months and the space will feature some of the original architectural features. Aspirant Development Partner Randy Grudzinski also noted that the rotating sign tower that rises above the Circles building will be restored and spinning by early 2020.
https://azbigmedia.com/the-stewart-l...wn-high-rises/

I wonder if it will be lit up as well?

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 1:26 PM

I have been walking by this building on my way to lunch 4x a week since it cooled down enough to be walking to lunch. October? Anyway, the sign company has been on the roof a lot lately, I assumed they were working on that but it's nice to see confirmation.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest