HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
What's fueling all of this?

Nashville........................is box office.
box office? What?? Theaters?

Old Posted Aug 4, 2020, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
box office? What?? Theaters?

It's the star city. People want to come to it. Chefs want to come to it. Stores want to come to it. Developers want to build in it.

A developer said that whenever he talks to other developers, within the first three minutes of the conversation the other developers talk about wanting to develop a property in Nashville.

Last edited by cecilism; Aug 4, 2020 at 11:10 PM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 7:56 PM
Future God

An updated rendering was just released for Tony G's 801 Church project, and boy is it a stunner. Updated information can be found at the link provided.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...-church-street

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
An updated rendering was just released for Tony G's 801 Church project, and boy is it a stunner. Updated information can be found at the link provided.

[img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/up-bucket-0...020diagram.thu
mb.png.9182aa340c48e08a2376f6ef7a9652fa.png[/img]
I believe this is a new building as this will be a different address than the other tower at 900 church st, though they both share similar design elements. That's two towers over 30 stories going up on Church St. within a few blocks. Pretty impressive.

801 Church St. Tower:

900 Church St. Tower:

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 8:56 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkc2j View Post
I believe this is a new building as this will be a different address than the other tower at 900 church st, though they both share similar design elements. That's two towers over 30 stories going up on Church St. within a few blocks. Pretty impressive.

801 Church St. Tower:

900 Church St. Tower:

Oh wow great catch! Thanks for the correction, you're absolutely right!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 10:42 PM
Nashville born and raised

The 801 proposal in context with other Church Street developments. On an older card I could not edit (says 'no renderings').

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 1:53 PM

900 Church Street is already under construction. It's probably safe to assume that Paramount is dead. I like the design of 801. It will compliment 900. However, I wish he would have taken Paramount and shifted it to 801 since it's unlikely that it'll be built in the pocket park. Or, if he would have taken the height of 801 to that of Paramount.

Nashville really needs to break out of the 30 story realm. If developers don't start going into the 40 and 50 story realm, the skyline will get very linear over time. Developers in Austin appear to be shifting to 40, 50 and 60+ story buildings. They have 17 proposals on the table that are over 40 stories. Three of which are under construction already. One of those is 65 stories.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 3:03 PM

Totally agree.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 9:55 PM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Developers in Austin appear to be shifting to 40, 50 and 60+ story buildings. They have 17 proposals on the table that are over 40 stories. Three of which are under construction already. One of those is 65 stories.
Downtown Austin alone:

Proposed, SP Under Review, Approved and/or U/C from 400'-499' = 5
Proposed, SP Under Review, Approved and/or U/C from 500'-599' = 10
SP Under Review and/or Approved from 600'-699' = 3
Proposed, SP Under Review and/or Approved from 700'-799' = 5
SP Under Review and U/C from 800'-899' = 2

18 others between 300'-399'

And this does not include Karlin Real Estate's ATX Tower proposals (one of which could easily top 1000').

Simply crazy...

Once land values reach a certain point (like in Austin), developers will be forced to build up. It's coming, Nashville...

Last edited by GoldenBoot; Aug 20, 2020 at 9:59 PM.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 2:37 PM

If all those proposed buildings are built, the skyline in Austin will begin to rival the downtown skylines in Dallas and Houston.

GoldenBoot, I sure hope you're right. But it seems to me a company like Amazon would have benefited more from building a single tower that was 60 stories than to build two towers that are under 30 each. It would have required less land as well. I can understand that decision in Arlington, VA where they are building their HQ2 towers. There aren't a lot of tall buildings in Arlington. But in downtown Nashville, it just would have made more since to me to build an iconic tower that would set them completely apart from everything else that's being built around them.

Its almost like someone is restricting developers from even thinking about anything above 40. And, look how long it took to get that.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 4:13 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
If all those proposed buildings are built, the skyline in Austin will begin to rival the downtown skylines in Dallas and Houston.

GoldenBoot, I sure hope you're right. But it seems to me a company like Amazon would have benefited more from building a single tower that was 60 stories than to build two towers that are under 30 each. It would have required less land as well. I can understand that decision in Arlington, VA where they are building their HQ2 towers. There aren't a lot of tall buildings in Arlington. But in downtown Nashville, it just would have made more since to me to build an iconic tower that would set them completely apart from everything else that's being built around them.

Its almost like someone is restricting developers from even thinking about anything above 40. And, look how long it took to get that.
Right now, it's more cost effective to have a couple of 30-story towers than to build one 60-story tower. Even though Amazon is worth hundreds of billions, they still watch their bottom line like a hawk. They are not going to spend with recess abandon.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 8:49 PM

I'd rather have density than height. And we're beginning to get some now. BTW: I have a soft spot for Austin, where I went to college.

So here's the latest offerings from Tony Giarratana, a local developer who has done the 505 tower, Cumberland, and Sobro, among other large buildings in town. Here is a rendering they released today for their latest towers on Church Street. 801 Church (on the right) and 900 (on the left). Of course, this rendering doesn't show the Amazon towers that sit at the front-left side of this drawing, and the MGM Grand Hotel and Anschutz Entertainment Group (gigaplex theaters and stages) which are underway at the front-right in the picture. Lots of density. https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...rratana-towers

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 12:21 AM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
I'd rather have density than height. And we're beginning to get some now. BTW: I have a soft spot for Austin, where I went to college.

So here's the latest offerings from Tony Giarratana, a local developer who has done the 505 tower, Cumberland, and Sobro, among other large buildings in town. Here is a rendering they released today for their latest towers on Church Street. 801 Church (on the right) and 900 (on the left). Of course, this rendering doesn't show the Amazon towers that sit at the front-left side of this drawing, and the MGM Grand Hotel and Anschutz Entertainment Group (gigaplex theaters and stages) which are underway at the front-right in the picture. Lots of density.
The rendering;

The 801 is on the right and the 900 is on the left. The 505 is in the distance. The 1001 is not shown.

Last edited by MidTenn1; Aug 20, 2020 at 12:44 AM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:

You keep saying the same thing. Nobody is restricting anyone from thinking about anything. These are multi-million and billion dollar developers and companies. This is a free country and they are free to build what they feel they need. These people did not get where they are by spending millions and billions of unnecessary dollars just to cater to some guy's inferiority complex.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post

So here's the latest offerings from Tony Giarratana, a local developer who has done the 505 tower, Cumberland, and Sobro, among other large buildings in town. Here is a rendering they released today for their latest towers on Church Street. 801 Church (on the right) and 900 (on the left). Of course, this rendering doesn't show the Amazon towers that sit at the front-left side of this drawing, and the MGM Grand Hotel and Anschutz Entertainment Group (gigaplex theaters and stages) which are underway at the front-right in the picture. Lots of density. https://www.nashvillepost.com/busine...rratana-towers
I don't get obsession with height that a scant number of individuals have. It's as if they are trying to compensate for something.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 1:07 PM

Quote:
I don't get obsession with height that a scant number of individuals have. It's as if they are trying to compensate for something.
This is a skyscraper forum, so posters on here tend to care about height more so than the average person.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
The rendering;

The 801 is on the right and the 900 is on the left. The 505 is in the distance. The 1001 is not shown.
What is the 1001?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

Quote:
You keep saying the same thing. Nobody is restricting anyone from thinking about anything. These are multi-million and billion dollar developers and companies. This is a free country and they are free to build what they feel they need. These people did not get where they are by spending millions and billions of unnecessary dollars just to cater to some guy's inferiority complex.
This is a free country and I have the freedom to express my opinion as do you. I'm not asking anyone on this site to agree with my opinions.

Who has an inferiority complex?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 9:08 PM

Erections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasticman View Post
What is the 1001?
I believe it is a very tall tower at Nashville Yards. I agree so much, with wanting tall towers. Why else do we visit a Skyscraper page? Perhaps one user needs to move to the warehouse page?

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 9:29 PM

OOPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
This is a skyscraper forum, so posters on here tend to care about height more so than the average person.
People usually compensate with cars. Building skyscrapers, is not an insecure persons game.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations