HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 6:16 AM
Hello World

Vancouver Tourism Master Plan Survey

Vancouver is creating a master plan for tourism for the first time ever and they'd like our opinions !

I just completed it and the survey definitely ask a lot of questions that I see many members here discussed before. Please take the time and fill those out and help shape Vancouver tourism !

http://vancouvertourismplan.org/survey/

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 6:33 AM
More Towers

Since there is no funding, I'll just hope they bring me some neon lights and fix the alcohol laws. But the rest of it is pie in the sky..

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 7:38 AM

I liked the lights stuff too, hahaha.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 8:47 AM
testify

wow, 20-25 minutes on that one. one thing i'll say: tourism vancouver really has their stuff together, no question that the survey basically sought a mandate to pursue their plans. man, liquor service and bar hours, later bus service, the street car downtown, animation of the waterfront, entertainment district around the stadia, and gaming downtown - what's not to like? hopefully, my 94109 zip won't have my strong agreement sorted right out.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 1:29 PM
More Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
wow, 20-25 minutes on that one. one thing i'll say: tourism vancouver really has their stuff together, no question that the survey basically sought a mandate to pursue their plans. man, liquor service and bar hours, later bus service, the street car downtown, animation of the waterfront, entertainment district around the stadia, and gaming downtown - what's not to like? hopefully, my 94109 zip won't have my strong agreement sorted right out.
Great, now they're going to build all that cool stuff in your neighbourhood and all we'll be left with is an iconic woodshack.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 12:58 AM

Hmmm, didn't realize that Vancouver was entertaining the prospect of buying Granville Island.

I hope they quote my response in regards to gaming:

"Downtown needs more casual nightlife activities for adults who aren't only interested in getting shitfaced."

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 1:12 AM

Thanks for posting NetMapel. Was refreshing to see that not everyone in this city has lost their mind. Almost all of their ideas have been mentioned on here before, and the couple of new ones they came up with were fantastic. Now if only we could implement ANY of these initiatives our city would instantly become about 15X more interesting and vibrant instantaneously. Sadly, I doubt few if any of these will ever be acted upon. So back to reality....do we really need a square....how about another pre-school by our entertainment district....that sign is too bright....etc etc etc

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 1:21 AM
More Towers

They should rename the survey. "Things in Vancouver You Will *NEVER* See"

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 6:40 AM

Gosh I hope every single person filling out the survey puts "liquor laws" as the #1 "issue/opportunity affecting tourism in Vancouver", maybe something might actually come of it... the other choices for that box aren't even close: "Visitor Experience Design"? ick, no thanks

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 7:28 AM
More Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by huenthar View Post
Gosh I hope every single person filling out the survey puts "liquor laws" as the #1 "issue/opportunity affecting tourism in Vancouver", maybe something might actually come of it... the other choices for that box aren't even close: "Visitor Experience Design"? ick, no thanks
I asked for a new slogan for Vancouver and a mascot.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 3:29 PM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm2013 View Post
I asked for a new slogan for Vancouver and a mascot.
How about two mascots: Spandrel and Mullion, a couple of plush developer pandas in suits?

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huenthar View Post
Yeah I did that. Also wrote a comment on that question.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastVanMark View Post
Thanks for posting NetMapel. So back to reality....do we really need a square....
YES! Take the Georgia Street Art Gallery Square, and refurbish it (that includes moving the fountain elsewhere) ... upgrade it, repave it, light it up, replant it, and turn it into the Union Square or Trafalgar Square of Vancouver, for starters.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment