HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 10:30 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Smile NEW YORK | 2251-2259 Broadway | FT | FLOORS (Alchemy Developer)

I'm hoping this generates a tower. Being on the UWS and that Alchemy supposedly is lurking in the background, this may become a future tower. Alchemy also worked on the 35 XV condo tower.

==================
==================

OLD ESSENTIALS BUILDING COULD BE TORN DOWN, SOURCES SAY

Quote:
Multiple sources tell us that the building on the Southwest corner of 81st street and Broadway that housed the variety store Essentials could be torn down to make way for a new building.

An employee at the dry cleaner in the building told a reader that they were looking for a new location because they want to “tear down the building and go higher.”

Building’s Department documents show that the owner has entered into a lease agreement with a company owned by a developer named Alchemy Properties, but the developer did not respond to a request for comment. No one answered the phone at the listed number for the owner. No building or demolition permits have been issued for the site, so this is still speculative.
===========================
http://www.westsiderag.com/2015/07/2...wn-sources-say

Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 3:07 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Whatever's planned here should be nice. The property (after demolition) contains 79,500 square feet of development rights, and will more than likely have a large retail portion. The site can also tap into the inclusionary housing bonus, but is unable to go higher than 210'. Zoning is definitely on the restrictive side given it's two blocks from the 1 train.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 1:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I'm hoping this generates a tower. Being on the UWS and that Alchemy supposedly is lurking in the background, this may become a future tower. Alchemy also worked on the 35 XV condo tower.
I would love to see something architecturally captivating as 35 XV, with a bit more height. I look forward to seeing a rendering of the project.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2015, 1:43 AM
BANNED

There are a few lousy sites on B'Way, but for the most part, it's great as is, and I don't want to see many new towers. I'm waiting for the day that Grey's Papaya and the crappy building across the street come down.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2016, 5:40 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Seems like this one will be a short one. But hopefully the design is nice. If its anything like 35 XV, its a win-win for the area.

==============================

Alchemy, Carlyle file for 18-story, 32-unit condo project on UWS

Quote:
Kenneth Horn’s Alchemy Properties and the Carlyle Group filed plans for a new 32-unit, 18-story residential condominium building on the Upper West Side, according to a permit application filed with the city Department of Buildings Friday.

The building at 2251 Broadway near West 81st Street will span 95,139 square feet, including 11,587 square feet of retail on the first floor and the cellar, the filing shows.

There will be two apartments on the third floor with the fourth through sixth floors having three units each, according to the filing. The seventh through 17th floors will each have two units, and one apartment will take up the entire 18th floor.

The building will also have a bicycle parking room with 39 spots and a rooftop with a terrace, the filing shows.

Alchemy, in partnership with private equity firm the Carlyle Group, purchased a three-story, nearly 20,000-square-foot retail building on the site at 2251-2259 Broadway, also known as 250-256 West 81st Street, for $51 million in February, The Real Deal reported. The pair have yet to file permit applications to demolish the building.

The Carlyle Group and Goldstein, Hill & West, which is serving as the architect on the project, were not immediately available for comment. Alchemy declined to comment.

Alchemy, a Midtown-based development firm, converted the top 30 floors of the iconic Woolworth building into luxury condos, where a penthouse is on the market for $110 million.
=================================
tdr

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals