HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 3:55 PM

Maple Leafs with their choke job last season I will even be surprised if they do anything this season...at best they will be the lovable pretenders who should be contenders but they are not

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 2:44 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Is Benning going to have enough cap space to sign Pettersson & Hughes ?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 11:22 AM

Hell at this point I rate the Canadiens more than the Leafs

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 1:00 PM

Doctors are giving it to the Alberta teams for planning to go ahead with 100% capacity in light of what's going on.

https://www.tsn.ca/doctors-condemn-p...erta-1.1696894

Quote:
"[The Oilers and Flames] have to be good citizens. They're supposed to be playing for the pride of the city, not helping the city go down the drain... The message the NHL is sending is, 'It's okay that you can't get your cancer surgery, but it's not okay if fans miss a game that they can watch at home on TV. That's just too much to ask.'"

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Doctors are giving it to the Alberta teams for planning to go ahead with 100% capacity in light of what's going on.

I think that's good especially if you want to avoid situations like COVID protocols and what not especially given the impact it had on the NBA in general or on NBA players

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 4:37 PM
Community Guy

Precarious and tricky for sure.
---

Edmonton Oilers defenceman Duncan Keith will miss the first week of training camp as he travels home to the U.S. to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Josh Archibald is the only unvaccinated player on the Oilers roster. GM Ken Holland hasn’t decided on whether to keep him in the lineup yet. Meanwhile, goaltender Alex Stalock is likely to miss out on the season due to a possible heart condition.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 6:13 PM

Hoffman and Price will miss the entire training camp.

Damnit.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 6:24 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Precarious and tricky for sure.
---

Edmonton Oilers defenceman Duncan Keith will miss the first week of training camp as he travels home to the U.S. to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Josh Archibald is the only unvaccinated player on the Oilers roster. GM Ken Holland hasn’t decided on whether to keep him in the lineup yet. Meanwhile, goaltender Alex Stalock is likely to miss out on the season due to a possible heart condition.
Why can't Keith get the shot in Edmonton?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 6:28 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:

The Jets games have me a bit apprehensive as well. Especially considering I usually take my 10 (soon to be eleven year old) son.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
The Jets games have me a bit apprehensive as well. Especially considering I usually take my 10 (soon to be eleven year old) son.
Understandable. But I personally feel more comfortable about Jets games given that covid rates are much lower in Manitoba for the moment, at least (Alberta is where we were back in the spring/early summer), and our vax passport system has turned out to be fairly robust. Which is a bit of a surprise for the province with the dot-matrix printed health cards and until recently, the two-piece paper and plastic drivers license... for once we managed to get it right.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 8:01 PM

I think Vancouver is gonna be really good this year. There's a chip on every shoulder with the whole team getting covid and finishing last after going pretty far in the playoffs the year before.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 8:15 PM
arf

Quote:
Understandable. But I personally feel more comfortable about Jets games given that covid rates are much lower in Manitoba for the moment, at least (Alberta is where we were back in the spring/early summer), and our vax passport system has turned out to be fairly robust. Which is a bit of a surprise for the province with the dot-matrix printed health cards and until recently, the two-piece paper and plastic drivers license... for once we managed to get it right.
And here, I thought we were the bastions of heritage.

I'm hoping the Oilers just fire Archibald entirely and don't just reassign him to the AHL team, kicking the problem down to someone else within the organization. My company has a two vaccine mandate for people at the office now (of which there are maybe eight or nine of us.)

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
And here, I thought we were the bastions of heritage.

I'm hoping the Oilers just fire Archibald entirely and don't just reassign him to the AHL team, kicking the problem down to someone else within the organization. My company has a two vaccine mandate for people at the office now (of which there are maybe eight or nine of us.)
Don't think Archibald can travel to the U.S. so he can't get assigned to Bakersfield. He's not vaccinated after all... (idiot)

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 8:57 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
I think Vancouver is gonna be really good this year. There's a chip on every shoulder with the whole team getting covid and finishing last after going pretty far in the playoffs the year before.
Repeating my question:

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 10:48 PM

Apparently Ontario is going to announce in the next day that the Leafs, Sens and Raptors will be allowed 50% seating capacity for the pre-season. The Leafs sold out their game this Saturday, so they will be cancelling about 9000 seats and notifying the unlucky ones. It is also expected that the teams will see a rise in capacity, perhaps even full capacity, by the time the seasons start.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Vaccination rates in Calgary and Edmonton are higher than the rural areas. Closer to 80% eligible with two doses in Calgary. Proof of Vax is required to go to the games. I don't think its a huge issue but I guess we will see if they lower the max capacity.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Repeating my question:
Ya that may take some creativity. Like two bridge deals or one bridge and one full sizer.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Ya that may take some creativity. Like two bridge deals or one bridge and one full sizer.
I’m just saying it would’ve been a lot easier if you didn’t sign Poolman with a $2.5 aav/4 years.

My prediction is they give Hughes a 8/64 and Pettersson a 1-2 year deal with the rest of the cap.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 6:59 PM

As expected, Ontario is raising stadium and arena capacities. Indoor is going to 50% or 10,000, whichever is less, and outdoor seated to 75% or 30,000

Old Posted Sep 24, 2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebasketballgeek View Post
I’m just saying it would’ve been a lot easier if you didn’t sign Poolman with a $2.5 aav/4 years.

My prediction is they give Hughes a 8/64 and Pettersson a 1-2 year deal with the rest of the cap.
Ya d men seem to get overpaid quite often lately.
And there may be more money if Hamonic doesn't get his shots.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada