HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 12:53 AM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
Believe me, I tried.

I'll try harder on the next one.
At least you still got us a new tallest! I rent from the Priskos family and I’m always telling them they need to build 500 footer on APS as a memorial to Vas. Maybe they’ll listen one day.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 3:45 AM

New 7-story apartment project on North Temple

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 1:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Interesting. Great find Orlando!

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 2:26 PM

I like the look of these and am quite impressed with the designs of most of the Lotus developments. I just think that it's high time that developers build much taller in the immediate vicinity of 700 S. and Main.

Downtown Update - Lotus Alchemy Apartments

Taylor Anderson Reporting - Full Article @ - https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/dev...outh-downtown/

We now have details about the next project to move Downtown’s footprint south.

The project would bring 214 new homes with 10,100 square feet of retail space, including space for a restaurant and two spaces. There would also be a 1,400-square-foot lobby/leasing area.

The building, at 28 W. 700 S. between Main and West Temple, would bring another five-over-two building, with five levels for people to live and two levels to park their cars.

A seven-story building with a mix of one-, two- and three-bedroom housing units, the latest proposal by the Lotus Company would be only the latest in a string of new development having an impact on south Downtown...

“On the ground level the 700 South facade has multiple breaks, several material changes, and building massing changes,” the company wrote in its plans...

...Residents will benefit from the creation of the new TRAX transit stop around the corner at 650 S. Main. And while the location isn’t as densely walkable as it might seem, the building itself and others coming online will begin to fill in gaps in the walkability of the immediate area.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 8:07 PM

Just went by the Convexity site and the tower crane is currently being assembled.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 8:44 PM

The sidewalk is now blocked with chain link fencing in front of the store fronts on Main St. where the the Main St. Apartment Tower is going. The theatre behind is probably 3/4 demolished now.

Old Posted May 18, 2022, 9:40 PM

Does anyone know what is going on with 255 State? I haven't seen any work on the project for several weeks. The Astra tower cams have a panorama shot that shows 255 State, and that project has looked the same with no workers for weeks. Wondering why work has stalled.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 3:08 PM

^^^
That's a good question UahBison. Until somebody in the know can tell us differently I'm going to assume as with so much these days there are supply chain issues. Perhaps, combined with labor availability. Speaking of Brinshore, have they started yet on their attractive No. Temple Project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
As with everything, "I wish the CCH was ten stories taller," but it makes a surprising impact on the skyline coming from any direction. And maybe a negative impact from the west because it's so damn wide...but I'm glad it's here. Hoping to see it continue to spur more development.
I love the look of the CCH at street level on W. Temple, but I agree with you Jedi on the width, gazing at it directly due West. Fortunately, I think the upcoming neighboring towers of Phase II West Quarter will break up that west view expanse of CCH beautifully.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 4:54 PM
NIMBY Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBison View Post
Does anyone know what is going on with 255 State? I haven't seen any work on the project for several weeks. The Astra tower cams have a panorama shot that shows 255 State, and that project has looked the same with no workers for weeks. Wondering why work has stalled.
I see workers on site every day. The construction elevator is operating. Probably doing a lot of interior work.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 5:28 PM

Perhaps I missed someone else mentioning it, but looks like demo has started on the La France apartments.

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
I see workers on site every day. The construction elevator is operating. Probably doing a lot of interior work.
That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 8:01 PM

Convexity Tower

It's nice to see another new tall tower crane in the skyline (convexity Tower)!!

Heres to Astra Tower next!!

Old Posted May 19, 2022, 8:50 PM
Ironweed

Trucks/backhoes moved off West Temple site. Bums have moved in, and are camping on the sidewalk.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 3:23 AM

I don't think I have seen this posted here- I was driving near 500 E/1300 S today and noticed that demolition has finally happened for 500 Parkview mixed-use development. Not the best lighting but I took some pics

Wells mixed-use development next-door looks like it is nearing completion

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 5:31 AM
Space Magi

This project was new to me. Looks like it's located on the NW corner of 500S and 700E.

EDIT: BSL had a story on this awhile back but unlike the design in that article this new design seems to include demolition/replacement of the structure on the corner.

"Trolley Square"

Quote:
Trolley Square is an off-campus student housing project located in Salt Lake City, Utah. The 1.48 acre site is located between downtown Salt Lake City and the University of Utah campus. The project is a 7- and 8-story student living community with basement level parking connected to it. The project also includes approximately 3,000 SF of commercial space at ground level and houses 562 beds in 239 units with 336 parking spaces.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 1:32 PM

Thanks for posting that Atlas. I like the look of the Transformation. It's so transformed that it's hard to tell where the redevelopment ends and the demolition begins. It's definitely going to be a decent improvement over the old structure. That type of redeveloped design I think we would all like to see more of along 400 South. Trolley Sq. has always been a wonderful treasure to Salt Lake City, but the lack of correct development along the high traffic major arteries surrounding Trolley Sq. has never been the kind of urban density that Trolley needed for stable financial success. All of these recent and upcoming residential projects going up around Trolley Square are adding hundreds of 24/7 tenants to the immediate neighborhood. This is going to go a long way in helping to finally put Trolley Square on a more stable footing. Hopefully, it won't be long before we see that south parking lot filled in with mixed-use. It had better be something very attractive, preferably vintage industrial or I'm going to get militant. The original turn of the century exposition design proposal for the south parking lot was also in the right direction. That particular south parking lot redevelopment has been on my hoped-for list for a very long time.

OLD BUILDING, PRE-REDEVELOPMENT

Photo By Taylor Anderson @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/new...rolley-square/

Last edited by delts145; May 20, 2022 at 2:42 PM.

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 8:54 PM
Lahaina Strong

Old Posted May 20, 2022, 9:09 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
I noticed that, too. Thought maybe because I was overusing them.

Old Posted May 21, 2022, 12:50 AM

How old is that building?

Old Posted May 21, 2022, 4:54 AM

That would be a great redevelopment Atlas. I hope it ends up looking like the renderings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockies View Post
I don't think I have seen this posted here- I was driving near 500 E/1300 S today and noticed that demolition has finally happened for 500 Parkview mixed-use development. Not the best lighting but I took some pics

Wells mixed-use development next-door looks like it is nearing completion
That development has been ongoing for ages. Good to see it nearing completion.

I initially moved into a house down the street from that in 2019 and it was under construction then.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West