HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post

This was only a proposal but the tallest tower could be on the Roosevelt Hotel site or the Grand Hyatt Hotel site.
Those are two totally separate areas, neither are in view in the above rendering. Do you mean the hotel penn site?

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 4:55 PM

That tallest tower looks impressively dominating but I'm afraid it's still a tad shorter than 1776 ft. Thus, even if it gets built, 1 WTC would still have the tallest official height, *SIGH*.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 5:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianowizard View Post
That tallest tower looks impressively dominating but I'm afraid it's still a tad shorter than 1776 ft. Thus, even if it gets built, 1 WTC would still have the tallest official height, *SIGH*.
And it’s not even a proposal.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 7:26 PM

Quote:
That tallest tower looks impressively dominating but I'm afraid it's still a tad shorter than 1776 ft.
Are you really convinced? Look at this picture. If 30 Hudson Yards is 395 meters high, the tallest tower will be at least 170 meters higher than 30 Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2020, 10:26 PM

In this picture the tallest tower look absolutely taller than one world trade center !!!!!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2020, 12:19 AM
New Yorker for life

SEPTEMBER 7, 2020

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 10:33 PM
New Yorker for life

From this angle, you can see how the newly developing Hudson Yards district is offset somewhat from Midtown proper. A redeveloped Empire Station distrcit would go a long way towards establishing a continuous midtown business district.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 6:49 AM

Empire Station distrcit should give birth to the new York city his first megatall and i think it is the right place , something like 2200ft tall building !!!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 4:17 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
It's not a real proposal but for what it's worth look at the Empire State antenna which is 1454 feet, it definitely is taller than 1776 feet, even pretty close to 2000

Another reference would be Penn Plaza at its base, which is about 750', looks close to three times that.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 2:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Moynihan is getting close to its debut....some pics from earlier tonight.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Moynihan is getting close to its debut....some pics from earlier tonight.
Yeah ... and it's already crawling with homeless camping out wherever they can in the newly refurbished spaces.

Leaving trash, bedding, graffiti and skid marks all over the hundreds of millions of dollars of renovation.

#DeBlasiosFunHouse

Old Posted Dec 4, 2020, 8:26 AM

Can this districts give birth a +2200ft tower ?
It will be awesome to new York city !!!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 12:56 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer34 View Post
Yeah ... and it's already crawling with homeless camping out wherever they can in the newly refurbished spaces.

Leaving trash, bedding, graffiti and skid marks all over the hundreds of millions of dollars of renovation.
Oh please. You're talking to the wrong person. I come through there daily, and what you say is not true at all. That political nonsense can go elsewhere.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 2:25 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Oh please. You're talking to the wrong person. I come through there daily, and what you say is not true at all. That political nonsense can go elsewhere.
"elsewhere" meaning San Francisco

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Not true? That whole area is gross even dangerous at night.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2020, 5:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimol742 View Post
Not true? That whole area is gross even dangerous at night.
No offense, but that's just a silly statement. Unless you're one of those people who think the city a whole is dangerous. To which I just laugh, and say stay home. But as I've said, I'm in the area constantly, and on foot. I know what's what.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
It's pretty objectively full of homeless people and trash whenever I am there. Just yesterday the brand-new sculpture on the NW corner of 31st and 8th had a homeless person living on it.

Or when you take the Amtrak and come out through the one-year-old tunnels and they are full of homeless sleeping/using the charging stations amid their cardboard boxes and sleeping bags and graffiti like the following (direct quote, in the middle of the new walkway coming out of Moynihan Station): "Trump President, never again crackers."

You say "NYer for life." That's great. But for the rest of the world that has a choice and for whom the city competes - let's just say London keeps itself a little bit (ok, a LOT) nicer.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:31 AM

Quote:
It's pretty objectively full of homeless people and trash whenever I am there. Just yesterday the brand-new sculpture on the NW corner of 31st and 8th had a homeless person living on it.

Or when you take the Amtrak and come out through the one-year-old tunnels and they are full of homeless sleeping/using the charging stations amid their cardboard boxes and sleeping bags and graffiti like the following (direct quote, in the middle of the new walkway coming out of Moynihan Station): "Trump President, never again crackers."

You say "NYer for life." That's great. But for the rest of the world that has a choice and for whom the city competes - let's just say London keeps itself a little bit (ok, a LOT) nicer.

OMG move on

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 6:33 AM

Quote:
No offense, but that's just a silly statement. Unless you're one of those people who think the city a whole is dangerous. To which I just laugh, and say stay home. But as I've said, I'm in the area constantly, and on foot. I know what's what.
Said the guy who lives in New Jersey... 🙄

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

That's nice. But you live a privileged life not to have known that there have been homeless on the streets of New York. It's no more than have been there, and in fact, for good measure as I walked around yesterday, there are less. But they've always been there, you obviously just chose not to see them. Otherwise you wouldn't have made those ridiculous comments. Does the city has a homeless problem? Yes. This entire country does. None of it has a fucking thing to do with this complex, or the opening of Moynihan Station, which is the post you originally responded to.

Which brings me to this point, there are two types of posters on these forums: those who can comment on and contribute to the ongoing discussion of the topic at hand, whether it be for or against. And then there are those who never contribute, but jump in every now and then with bullshit. But as I've said before, take that bullshit to the appropriate forum, if there is any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimol742 View Post
Said the guy who lives in New Jersey...
You've outed yourself as a fool.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals