HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Jul 22, 2023, 2:56 PM

Talking Kinmen | Video Documentary about Life in Taiwan

Hey fellow travelers and Taiwanese enthusiasts,

Over the last five months, I have created a documentary series about my home, Kinmen Island, presented entirely in English with Mandarin and German subtitles. I am excited to announce that all seven episodes are now available on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5GdYypt6SHXlQc 7

The primary goal of this documentary is to showcase the beauty of the island and provide a comprehensive travel guide. Each episode’s description includes documented locations, making it easier for viewers to plan their future visits. Additionally, some segments also highlight aspects of life in Taiwan in general.

Episode 1 11: Introduction to Kinmen & overview of the following episodes
Episode 2 2: Tracing the history of Kinmen since 1949
Episode 3: Unraveling the ancient history of Kinmen before 1949
Episode 4: Exploring the best outdoor places to visit
Episode 5: Discovering the best beaches in Kinmen
Episode 6: A closer look at the small Kinmen Island, Xiao Kinmen
Episode 7: Just published! Delving into the religious aspects of the island
Stay tuned for Episode 8, which is currently in the works. In this upcoming episode, I will be showcasing the best local products, including knives made out of artillery shells and more.

I highly appreciate your feedback and welcome ideas for future topics. I’m already planning an episode with practical tips and another one focusing on relations with China.

This documentary project has been a labor of love, and it marks my first venture into video production. Kinmen’s unique blend of history, randomness, and beauty inspired me to go beyond just sharing a few pictures. It all began as a video for my family and friends back home, but it has grown bigger than I imagined.

I hope you enjoy watching these episodes as much as I enjoyed creating them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan