HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

View Poll Results: What team would be more successful in Vancouver?
Major League Baseball franchise 14 40.00%
National Basketball League franchise. 21 60.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jan 19, 2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
So Vancouver could potentially be on the list of top 5 cities that the NBA would consider for possible, though unconfirmed expansion (likely by 2 teams max) several years from now?
To be honest, I'm not even sure where the talks of expansion for the NBA came out from. Like, what was the context. Someone tweeted it, and then next thing I know it's on Team1040 radio and they're talking about it for a good 10-12 minutes on the radio. How serious, and how far long, I don't know. Probably not very. But it wouldn't surprise me that the NBA wants to make right what went so horribly wrong with Van as an NBA city. We are still considered the gateway to Asia.

Seattle's great, but do you know how much asian presence Vancouver has? You talk to anyone from China about Vancouver, and they instantly know where we are. The NBA can't not to have us back in.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation