HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hali87 View Post
The Wanderers Grounds are still used heavily for football and rugby - I'm guessing that Citadel use it as their home field, several of the university rugby teams do and occasional local/national club games are held there. It's one of the only rugby/football fields on the peninsula (the others are Huskies Stadium and Merv Sullivan Park far in the North End); it's also conveniently located across from the ER.

There's probably a Commons Master Plan out there somewhere and hopefully that includes the integration of adjacent parks like the Citadel and Wanderers' Grounds.
Thanks for the info. For some reason, every time I go by that field I don't seem to notice it so much. Perhaps I'm more drawn to the Public Gardens, I don't know.

Also, lol at the ER comment. every sports field should have an ER so close by, but especially a rugby field.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues