HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 3:22 AM

I kind of like the last one to be honest. Let's be realistic, the Diamondbacks will not be getting a new stadium anytime soon. They'll be at Chase for a long time and will probably go the Suns route with a major renovation down the line.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
I kind of like the last one to be honest. Let's be realistic, the Diamondbacks will not be getting a new stadium anytime soon. They'll be at Chase for a long time and will probably go the Suns route with a major renovation down the line.
Exactly. Just like the new Coyotes arena rendering on ASU land that went nowhere lol

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 3:26 AM

I've been involved with a few of these 'studies' at the collegiate level (universities developing a 20-40 year facility upgrade plan).

It's all exploratory & hypothitc. Nothing set in stone. Designers going nuts without much regard for what's engineering-ly possible (and without regard for budget etc).

Universities typically do this to drive donations & commitments.

Wouldn't look too much into this beyond the dbacks exploring possibilities. Which we knew they were doing anyway.

Oh - I want the team to stay downtown obviously... but these aren't bad, ha!

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 2:06 PM
Modulator

This concept would never get built. Not even sure where it's supposed to be located considering it shows Midtown and Downtown in several of the renderings and there aren't any "hills" adjacent to Midtown or Downtown. Also, I think there would be some seriously ticked off people if this were to destroy natural terrain like this. This isn't 40 years ago. There are too many people that would oppose this in today's world.

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 4:42 PM

This doesn't even appear to be an actual location.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 12:02 AM

Could they at least have 44 Monroe in the pic, considering it was built, 12 years ago,lol. Yeah, where the heck would this go.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 12:18 AM

My only guess, given the websites blurb about using the surrounding environment to save on structural costs, would be somewhere in the buttes at Papago park. I think it'd be cool there, giving it a Red Rock kinda vibe, and they do have that amphitheater already, but I doubt a new stadium would be anywhere near that spot.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 12:31 AM

My guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutteringpunk View Post
My only guess, given the websites blurb about using the surrounding environment to save on structural costs, would be somewhere in the buttes at Papago park. I think it'd be cool there, giving it a Red Rock kinda vibe, and they do have that amphitheater already, but I doubt a new stadium would be anywhere near that spot.
Vegas, baby.

Old Posted May 10, 2019, 5:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Good! D-Backs is here to stay. They are not going anywhere in a long time.

Old Posted May 16, 2019, 9:04 PM
Modulator

So the MEIS Diamondbacks stadium renderings posted in the last few posts are no longer posted on their website. According to AZ Snake Pit, they reached out to the Diamondbacks regarding the renderings. Diamondbacks management responded that they have never seen the MEIS designs and did not request solicitations from MEIS for a new stadium. With this information and the renderings getting pulled, this was pretty much all all pie in the sky...probably to boost their portfolio.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 2:27 AM

Leaked Stadium Pictures

Well, well, well. The leaked stadium pictures don't do anything to diminish my speculation, on this board, that the D'Backs are headed to North Scottsdale/Reservation.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Well, well, well. The leaked stadium pictures don't do anything to diminish my speculation, on this board, that the D'Backs are headed to North Scottsdale/Reservation.
Oh you mean the fake renderings that showed the stadium built along Papago Park or some other rock formations that exist nowhere in the reservation? lol like others have said, these r fake and were prolly made to boost their portfolio and brand awareness (which obviously occurred)

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 4:43 AM
Skyriser

Hmm? There are hills on the east side of the Pima Maricopa reservation that would actually make sense to put a stadium at if you’re trying to get the north Scottsdale crowd and the East Valley suburbanites if they upgraded the 87.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
Hmm? There are hills on the east side of the Pima Maricopa reservation that would actually make sense to put a stadium at if you’re trying to get the north Scottsdale crowd and the East Valley suburbanites if they upgraded the 87.
That sounds far as shit lol will never get done

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 5:07 AM

Try to pay attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Oh you mean the fake renderings that showed the stadium built along Papago Park or some other rock formations that exist nowhere in the reservation? lol like others have said, these r fake and were prolly made to boost their portfolio and brand awareness (which obviously occurred)
The mere fact that a stadium drawing leaked speaks volumes. Kinda says they aren't locked into staying in Chase don't you think?Which means my North Scottsdale/Reservation speculation is alive and well.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 6:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
The mere fact that a stadium drawing leaked speaks volumes. Kinda says they aren't locked into staying in Chase don't you think?Which means my North Scottsdale/Reservation speculation is alive and well.
Dude I’m not saying the move is not a possibility but these “leaked” renderings don’t mean nothing. DBacks have already said they are exploring both options and talking to potential architects about both scenarios. Hell, these same ones also had renderings of Chase Field and “renovated” right field pool. By this same logic, the DBacks are staying put lol

Last edited by ASU Diablo; May 18, 2019 at 6:55 AM.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 10:43 AM

Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Dude I’m not saying the move is not a possibility but these “leaked” renderings don’t mean nothing. DBacks have already said they are exploring both options and talking to potential architects about both scenarios. Hell, these same ones also had renderings of Chase Field and “renovated” right field pool. By this same logic, the DBacks are staying put lol
Time will tell, but I am sticking with my speculation that they will end up in North Scottsdale/Reservation.

Old Posted May 18, 2019, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
The east side of the reservation is dedicated nature reserve. Nothing is being built there.

Old Posted May 19, 2019, 3:49 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw252 View Post
The east side of the reservation is dedicated nature reserve. Nothing is being built there.
You know it never dawned on me that was a possibility or that they even had a planning department. I've just assumed it was their land that they could do what they want with as long as the feds agreed.

https://www.srpmic-nsn.gov/government/cdd/planning/

TIL.

Probably not legal to hike in those areas with the lack of access and trails.

Last edited by combusean; May 19, 2019 at 4:24 AM.

Old Posted May 20, 2019, 8:42 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest