HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Apr 11, 2021, 12:29 PM

1 Commissioners Rd E - two 8s

Zoning application change to allow two 8s mixed use buildings at the SE corner of Wharncliffe and Commissioners Rd.

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...pplication.pdf

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 2:05 AM

1 Commissioners Rd E

I am new to posting anything on this page, but a longtime member of this page.

I live adjacent to this property and think this is the wrong proposal for the property. It is guaranteed to increase traffic along Commissioners Rd and will actually block the NW view of many tenants of the building I live in. There will be an eastbound entrance/exit to this property along Commissioners Rd, but it will have a secondary entrance off Highland Ave that will enable people to turn east or west. Highland Avenue is also our building's exit/entrance to Commissioners Rd. There is no traffic light there and it can be quite difficult to exit out of when traffic is heavy. With an added 157 new residences using that roadway plus everyone in our building, cars from London Honda & people visiting the commercial businesses in these new buildings it will be worse trying to get out onto Commissioners Rd than it is now. I am not against something being built there I just feel this is not the right development for that property. The design is actually quite nice just too intense for that location.

What do other people think about this proposal?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 11:05 AM

It looks like a great development. The Highland intersection should get lights installed as a result to solve the traffic issue you identified. City Council should approve this unanimously.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2021, 1:46 PM

Looks like this is going to Planning committee in a few weeks.

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...%20Meeting.pdf

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates