HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 5:21 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post
Yes. This is one block away from the Maestria project and two blocks away from the twin towers (156 and 120 meters) at the corner of René-Lévesque, and one block away from Art de Vivre (120 meters) at the corner of De Maisonneuve. All UC now. Also, there is a new hotel to be build at De Bleury and Sherbrooke (it’s near approval). And De Bleury is a narrow street to boot.
Quite impressive. I remember not too long ago when Bleury was a patchwork of empty lots, parking lots and abandoned buildings from Old Montreal all the way to Sherbrooke.

However, why the southern tip of Parc Avenue is still somewhat decrepit between Sherbrooke and Milton escapes me.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Quite impressive. I remember not too long ago when Bleury was a patchwork of empty lots, parking lots and abandoned buildings from Old Montreal all the way to Sherbrooke.

However, why the southern tip of Parc Avenue is still somewhat decrepit between Sherbrooke and Milton escapes me.
Maybe because that stretch is in the Plateau arrondissement, where they have very restricting zoning rules ? There are some lovely buildings there, but also many ones that could be replace with higher density projects, especially the one at the corner of Sherbrooke with the Provigo.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2020, 5:55 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Here's a trio of Urban Capital projects in Halifax. NRTH is proposed, Gorsebrook Park is under construction, and Southport was completed a few years ago.

NRTH

Southport

Gorsebrook Park

Source

Old Posted Jul 13, 2020, 3:36 PM

Very nice projects for Halifax. NRTH kind of looks like a mid-century modern office building that has been repurposed to residential... it has a very cool throwback design.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:21 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Updated proposal for South End Halifax called The Promenade:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Storefronts along Robie Street:

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 3:51 AM
Volatile Pacivist

I like it but man, two?!? seems rather... big.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Updated proposal for South End Halifax called The Promenade:

Storefronts along Robie Street:
Love this one. All those mid-rises couple of posts above look great too. If Halifax can build a couple of lrt lines, it has the potential to be the next great Canadian city. Note to self: visit Halifax in the next 6 months.

Last edited by rakesh; Jul 15, 2020 at 6:01 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 5:30 AM

Nice proposal for any city. Reminds me of the 2 tower Vancouver proposal which I can't remember the name of, but was near Robson Street.

Edit - this one.

http://vancouver4life.com/1444-alber.../#!prettyPhoto[1]/http://vancouver4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/1468-ALBERNI-22-1000x666.jpg

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 5:42 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Is that Vancouver project still moving forward? Or was it redesigned/shelved? It would be nice to see move forward.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 5:58 AM

Not sure. Haven't heard much in the Vancouver forum about it lately.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Is that Vancouver project still moving forward? Or was it redesigned/shelved? It would be nice to see move forward.
Last heard, this Robert Stern proposal has been shelved for the time being.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 6:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
It's listed as "coning soon" on the developer's website with completion in 2023. Will have to move into sales in the near future if that timeline is true.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 12:35 PM

The Promenade has the potential to be a little polarizing, it's just so different. The Robie Street storefronts look like they're executed to perfection but I'm having a hard time understanding the base of the building in the first rendering... is that a parking lot, or just a driveway at the bottom? One would expect a pair of towers like this to be pretty tightly knit into their surroundings... a parking lot beyond just a small loading zone would look out of place.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 1:14 PM

Halifax is on fire!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 1:53 PM

I am constantly amazed at the apparently unstoppable apartment market in Halifax, given it's real estate affordability and size.

I think if I was to move outside of the GTA to somewhere else in Canada, it would be near the top of my list. Its a wonderful little city.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 2:01 PM
I am the law!

The small corner stepback 2/3rds up the towers makes such a difference. I don't like the balconies on the lower 1/3rd one bit.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 2:02 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
I am constantly amazed at the apparently unstoppable apartment market in Halifax, given it's real estate affordability and size.

I think if I was to move outside of the GTA to somewhere else in Canada, it would be near the top of my list. Its a wonderful little city.
The market is at a severe shortage currently. Anecdotal, but last month friend from work who was buying a house ended up losing her first attempts after being outbid by 35+k above asking, but finally closed on a place she had the luck to learn about before it was listed. The owners accepted because they were in a hurry to sell.

The apartment market seems to be just as bad.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 2:04 PM

lol that aerial render is like a kid trying to photoshop an earthquake

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 2:05 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The Promenade has the potential to be a little polarizing, it's just so different. The Robie Street storefronts look like they're executed to perfection but I'm having a hard time understanding the base of the building in the first rendering... is that a parking lot, or just a driveway at the bottom? One would expect a pair of towers like this to be pretty tightly knit into their surroundings... a parking lot beyond just a small loading zone would look out of place.
There's already a small amount of surface parking in the middle of the block but it's enclosed by buildings so isn't really visible from the street. That land doesn't appear to be part of the proposal as these buildings would have their own underground stalls.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.64001...m1!1e3!5m1!1e2

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 4:34 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

I think the grey paved area in the rendering is just a drop-off spot and driveway. This development has underground parking. Like Nouvellecosse says that surface lot visible is already there.

The other side of the block (on Spring Garden Road) is a tower development site too so that interior parking lot will probably be gone eventually.

The "motion blur" rendering is very strange.

This one is proposed next door. Potentially 3 30 storey buildings on this block:

Source

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada