HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
I'm assuming you cycled the Swamp Rabbit Trail? A friend of mine came down from Asheville last week to do just that and reported she had a wonderful time. She did the leg from Travelers Rest to downtown and back.

Out of curiosity, how did it look when you were here? Did you mean different as in how it looks in a different season, or were you here years ago before the explosion of apartment buildings?
I don't remember all the apartment buildings downtown. The trails were rather primitive and were not very easy to follow. I climbed up the local hill and back to downtown where I stayed. I went to the Mildred C. Green gallery and her Estate Library. Which was pretty cool.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2021, 11:44 AM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcamb View Post
I don't remember all the apartment buildings downtown. The trails were rather primitive and were not very easy to follow. I climbed up the local hill and back to downtown where I stayed. I went to the Mildred C. Green gallery and her Estate Library. Which was pretty cool.
Sounds like you were here a very long time ago... How long ago was it? I started spending time regularly in Greenville about twenty years ago and the city is unrecognizable now from how it looked then. Back in 2000 they hadn't even taken down the Camperdown Way bridge yet, which meant that the waterfall downtown was still hidden under a highway overpass, and Falls Park and the Liberty Bridge, obviously, didn't exist either.
"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 4:32 AM

Thank you for this pleasant-looking tour!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2022, 5:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i do enjoy your strolls around town and beautiful threads!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos