HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9241  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 7:24 PM
Schmoe's Avatar
Schmoe Schmoe is offline
NIMBY Hater
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
I know downtown Las Vegas and the Strip are totally separate but I don't hear anyone mention downtown. Any new construction going on there?
https://www.thed.com/blog/circa-reso...ino-las-vegas/

Rising out of the ground right now, actually.
__________________
Be TRUE to YOU
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9242  
Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 11:11 AM
IMBY IMBY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,047
Missing floor numbers, of course, very necessary if you're attracting the Chinese as they're superstitious about 4's. The Wynn and Palazzo eliminated their 4's some time ago. Look at the elevator buttons. 39, next floor 50!

44 floors! 4+4=8, the favorite number of the Chinese!

And they had better put lots of red inside that building as to the Asians, red is the color of joy.

Recall the Asia style casino hotel, now closed, built on Sahara Avenue? Red tinted glass windows!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9243  
Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 7:10 PM
RST500 RST500 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 528
Resorts World Construction:


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9244  
Old Posted Jan 27, 2020, 4:19 PM
Jordan de California's Avatar
Jordan de California Jordan de California is offline
S P A C E
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 25
January 2020

Hi everyone,

I rolled through y’all’s town on my way up to Utah last weekend, so here are a few shots of construction progress on Resorts World and the new Raiders’ Stadium, as seen through a car window from I-15. Best I could do. All are my own original work.









Bonus view of the Drew:



And the Stratosphere, just because:


Last edited by Jordan de California; Jan 27, 2020 at 4:38 PM. Reason: Tried to do this on mobile and failed terribly.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9245  
Old Posted Jan 28, 2020, 2:10 AM
scania's Avatar
scania scania is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA (DTLA)/Atlanta, Ga. (Midtown)
Posts: 1,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan de California View Post
Hi everyone,

I rolled through y’all’s town on my way up to Utah last weekend, so here are a few shots of construction progress on Resorts World and the new Raiders’ Stadium, as seen through a car window from I-15. Best I could do. All are my own original work.









Bonus view of the Drew:



And the Stratosphere, just because:

Nice shots!
__________________
It's a beautiful day!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9246  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2020, 4:17 AM
JoninATX JoninATX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 3,008
Drew Las Vegas developer expects to close $2B construction loan soon

Quote:
The Drew owner Steve Witkoff excepts to close on a $2 Billion construction loan next month.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rev...n-1942440/amp/

Update: Drove by today they had people on site with construction machines moving.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9247  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2020, 5:29 PM
Dariusb Dariusb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belton, TX
Posts: 680
Nice pics Jordan!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9248  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 7:51 AM
ChelseaFC's Avatar
ChelseaFC ChelseaFC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 743
Caesars Forum to open March 18










https://twitter.com/CaesarsMeetings
__________________
Downtown LA Development MapCentral LA Development MapPasadena Development Map

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9249  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2020, 9:06 PM
case_architect case_architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 141
New hotel planned next to the Harley Davidson dealer across from Bali Hai.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...strip-1959977/







Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9250  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 1:45 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,527
But will the FAA allow it ?

I was in Vegas this weekend. Resort World is looking good, I still wish that Caeasars would tear down the Linq and start over and Harrahs needs to also throw in the towel. Arguably the 2 worst looking (interior and exterior) hotel/casinos on the strip. Wouldnt dare call them resorts but they both have the nerve to have resort fees.

Also, I noticed the site of the old Riviera site, I know that the Vegas convention center bought the land but this weekend when i drove by, there was a huge sign that said 50 acres for sale. Thats a lot of land, has the vegas convention center expansion plan changed?

And seeing how the above image has the land being 5.25 acres and they plan on building a highrise on the land.....50 acres......i could only imagine.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9251  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 3:31 AM
case_architect case_architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
But will the FAA allow it ?

I was in Vegas this weekend. Resort World is looking good, I still wish that Caeasars would tear down the Linq and start over and Harrahs needs to also throw in the towel. Arguably the 2 worst looking (interior and exterior) hotel/casinos on the strip. Wouldnt dare call them resorts but they both have the nerve to have resort fees.

Also, I noticed the site of the old Riviera site, I know that the Vegas convention center bought the land but this weekend when i drove by, there was a huge sign that said 50 acres for sale. Thats a lot of land, has the vegas convention center expansion plan changed?

And seeing how the above image has the land being 5.25 acres and they plan on building a highrise on the land.....50 acres......i could only imagine.
That lot was already approved for the old Paramont development back in the boom. A similar height from what I recall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9252  
Old Posted Feb 19, 2020, 8:35 PM
ChelseaFC's Avatar
ChelseaFC ChelseaFC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 743
Resorts World on track for summer 2021 opening


https://twitter.com/MaverickHeli
__________________
Downtown LA Development MapCentral LA Development MapPasadena Development Map

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9253  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2020, 6:11 PM
Crackertastik Crackertastik is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 212
Resorts World is partnering with Hilton to bring back the Las Vegas Hilton, the first west coast Conrad, and the US' first LXR resort. Pretty exciting stuff!

https://www.hotelbusiness.com/resort...er-for-resort/
__________________
No offense Lindbergh, but get outta here! We got 700 footers to put up!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9254  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 5:49 AM
bhunsberger bhunsberger is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 175
The Strip area for me has always been about transporting yourself to another place or another time. The fact Resorts World has pretty much dropped the Chinese theme is so disheartening. The original design was much better than the current one that is to be completed. Very sad! I’m a huge titanic fan, so I would absolutely love if they revived a plan from years ago to create a replica of the ship. The London theme was cool too. I’m sick of these bland resorts with no real experience. (City center, the drew, Wynn, etc) Vegas is supposed to be a land of make believe!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9255  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:06 PM
patriotizzy's Avatar
patriotizzy patriotizzy is offline
Metal Up Your !
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunsberger View Post
The Strip area for me has always been about transporting yourself to another place or another time. The fact Resorts World has pretty much dropped the Chinese theme is so disheartening. The original design was much better than the current one that is to be completed. Very sad! I’m a huge titanic fan, so I would absolutely love if they revived a plan from years ago to create a replica of the ship. The London theme was cool too. I’m sick of these bland resorts with no real experience. (City center, the drew, Wynn, etc) Vegas is supposed to be a land of make believe!
I agree. I liked that Vegas was never a serious city, and more of a play area for the adults. The casino themes made this obvious and fun.
__________________
God bless America
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9256  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:33 PM
Obadno Obadno is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,625
Agreed, I miss the themes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9257  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 5:58 AM
caligrad's Avatar
caligrad caligrad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1,527
And thats what happens when CEOS dont listen to their customer but instead try to mimic other parts of the world. Having a resort or two that went the none themed bland/ luxury route, The Wynn and the Cosmopolitan are enough, but themes have always been my favorite to stay at. City Centre is literally my least favorite stretch of the strip....Minus Circus Circus but atleast its themed. And Somebody please tear down the Linq and Harrahs, two hotels that should quickly meet a wrecking ball.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9258  
Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 6:34 AM
N830MH N830MH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Resorts World on track for summer 2021 opening


https://twitter.com/MaverickHeli
Very nice shots. Thanks for sharing!

I have been in Vegas for a many times. I knows Las Vegas very well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9259  
Old Posted May 13, 2020, 9:29 PM
plutonicpanda plutonicpanda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Very nice shots. Thanks for sharing!

I have been in Vegas for a many times. I knows Las Vegas very well.
I love Las Vegas. Awesome city!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9260  
Old Posted May 21, 2020, 12:53 AM
theshark's Avatar
theshark theshark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern N.-B.
Posts: 910
Any news on The Drew?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:31 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.