HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
Interesting. I had my levels confused.

EDIT: It looks like Slide 11 in this presentation has diagrams of the ice-level (below ground, Level 1) concourse and the street-level (Level 2) concourse...
https://pub-hamilton.escribemeetings...umentId=378717
Great find. You can also see the connection points to jackson square.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:01 PM

Here is another link with floor plans of the three levels:
https://epe.lac-bac.gc.ca/100/200/30...rks/copps2.htm

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 12:26 AM

The location of the interior scenes in this trailer seems familiar... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiPAJKjUVg

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 1:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
The location of the interior scenes in this trailer seems familiar... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiPAJKjUVg
Yeah, and they're trying to pass off the Skydome as the exterior of this arena.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2024, 4:16 AM
Hammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Yeah, and they're trying to pass off the Skydome as the exterior of this arena.
With Copps as the interior, what shitshow. either way, another crap shoot movie that must have made them a few bucks while they seem to delay the renovation.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 3:41 PM
Ham-burgher

Tanaka Arena.

This may seem funny, but I still expect to see Copps/FOC with the multi-coloured seats rather than the uniform blue ones. Maybe that's because I went to many more events before the change compared to after (including the first concert... The Thompson Twins with OMD opening)

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
This may seem funny, but I still expect to see Copps/FOC with the multi-coloured seats rather than the uniform blue ones. Maybe that's because I went to many more events before the change compared to after (including the first concert... The Thompson Twins with OMD opening)
Me too, however I've never been inside the arena since they replaced the seats. In fact, the last time I've stepped foot in the arena was for a Hamilton Canucks (Vancouver's AHL farm team) game back in 1992.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Me too, however I've never been inside the arena since they replaced the seats. In fact, the last time I've stepped foot in the arena was for a Hamilton Canucks (Vancouver's AHL farm team) game back in 1992.
It hasn't really changed... it has just become older and more drab. It does have a very tired feel to it.

Some notes:
- They did replace the lower bowl with blue seating probably close to twenty years ago (possibly more than twenty years ago). I find the seating comfortable enough.
- They had an escalator that was embarrassingly broken and out of operation for years
- The current scoreboard is probably the third one in the arena's history and is so outdated that there is probably no arena with over 4000 seats in all of Ontario that does not have much crisper video
- The concessions currently have less variety than in the past --- most of them seem to be "Franks & Suds", which does not have much more for sale than franks and suds.
- The washrooms are clean enough, but are some of the only widely visited washrooms that I can think of that do not have touchless sensors to turn on the faucets
- When Def Leppard paid a visit four or five years ago, the leader singer stated in a YouTube that the arena smelled like "10,000 a**es". Apparently it was due to some garbage by the loading by on a hot day or something like that (I don't exactly remember)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton