HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 7:45 PM

We've already talked about this
So why are you bringing it up again?
Something to do?

Distress Signals Are Rising In Major Office Markets
January 18, 2022 By Jon Banister, Bisnow
Quote:
Many questions about the office market's future remain unanswered as the pandemic nears the two-year mark, but one trend has become increasingly clear: Tenants are leaving older buildings in favor of newer projects.

This accelerated shift has left owners of some aging office buildings with large vacancies and insufficient cash flow to pay back their debt, putting billions of dollars of office-backed loans at risk.
----------------------
Which got me to thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
...but it was good to see the recent report of Block 162 signing two more tenants (both law firms) in addition to Sherman & Howard. This brings the leased space up to ~90,000 Sq Ft so about 15% occupancy but given the market conditions it's still positive news.
How much total office space is now in downtown Denver - incl the LoDo and DUS neighborhoods?
A Schnitt-ton?

Lots of leases for office space; leases which all roll over at different times. Chances are good that Block 162 is counting on being the beneficiary of many of these lease rollovers.

Then there's this:

Logo image courtesy Riverside Investment and Development/1900 Lawrence

Having recent experience with leasing ~3 million square feet of office space in Chicago, certainly Riverside Investment and Development has had plenty of experience attracting tenants that have moved into their space from other buildings. No doubt that's why they've haven't blinked and are going 'balls to the wall' with construction of this project.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 3:29 PM
Square

I noticed an entire block off of Colfax near Civic Center is now fenced in minus the small Denver Bank Branch. Looks like the existing structures to be demolished. I believe someone posted earlier about apartments to be built here.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
Speaking of Golden Triangle, here is a rendering of a 7 story apartment planned for 650 W Colfax that I was unaware of.

Yep I believe that is this project

Old Posted Jan 22, 2022, 7:08 PM

Couple of things
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Same developer as One River North

A side view rendering of The Broadleaf, courtesy of Davis Partnership Architects via Mile High CRE

Who the heck is Uplands Real Estate Partners and The Max Collaborative?
Quote:
Uplands Real Estate Partners and The Max Collaborative were both founded by members of the Ratner family, the founding family of Forest City Realty Trust, which led the transformative redevelopment of Denver’s old Stapleton International Airport.
It occurred to me when I noticed what must be the Hyatt House Hotel in the above rendering (far right) that this is the same site acquired by North Carolina-based Grubb Properties to build their Link Apartments® brand. Not sure what happened as they had gone through the rezoning and supposedly had funding. Perhaps the Pandemic happened. This project will be even nicer than what Grubb had planned.

For those who enjoy history and historical context

The "Ratner family" name rang a bell, specifically the name Bruce Ratner, so I googled.
Quote:
Bruce Ratner (born January 23, 1945 in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American philanthropist, real estate developer, and former minority owner of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets.[3]

Family and education
(Bruce) Ratner was born into a Jewish family in the Cleveland metropolitan area,[4] the son of Anne (nee Spott) and Harry Ratner,[5] one of eight children to immigrate to the US from Poland.[3] Four of his paternal uncles ... founded Forest City Enterprises in 1920; originally a construction materials company it eventually evolved into construction and then into real estate development.[7] Ratner graduated from Harvard College in 1967, and earned a Juris Doctor from Columbia University[3] in 1970.

In 1985, he co-founded Forest City Ratner, a joint venture with his family's company of which he is now executive chairman.[11] He developed the $1 billion complex of nine buildings in downtown Brooklyn called MetroTech. In 2007, Ratner's company, Forest City Realty Trust completed construction and opened the New York Times Building. The skyscraper, located at 620 Eighth Avenue, is the eleventh-tallest building in the city, tied with the Chrysler Building.[19]
For those who might have been napping, in Nov 2018 'Brookfield' acquired Forest City for $11.4 Billion.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arapahoe View Post
agreed! One-way Curtis Street is like a drag racing strip from CBD to Broadway. Curtis is targeted for conversion to 2-way in the Arapahoe Square plan and I can't wait.

While it can appear easier to cross a one-way when you are on the side of the intersection where traffic opposite you can't turn into your cross-walk because of the direction on the one-way, the very next intersection opposing traffic is moving fast & crossing into your cross-walk and sometimes very difficult to see.
And look at that. Just back from finding new stop signs and crosswalks all up and down walnut. 👍

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West