HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 1, 2009, 9:25 PM
Wen Lambo

and to reinforce your point... UNLV went down to Tempe and beat ASU in Sun Devil Stadium...

Old Posted Sep 3, 2009, 6:04 AM

222 S. Main on Wednesday evening

Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 12:01 AM

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 6:05 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

That's a nice shot, looks very dense. I like the position of Odd Fellows.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2009, 6:37 PM

Getting very close. When is it supposed to open?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 4:40 AM

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 5:08 AM

awesome pic t-mac

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 5:11 PM

Agree

I love the look from the front and how it contrasts with it's surroundings. The back and side with the setbacks and duller color though leave a lot to be desired.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Sep 20, 2009, 3:39 AM

What the hell...

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Sep 20, 2009, 8:59 PM
NYC Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
Off topic:
Last year one of the worst teams in the MWC (Wyoming) went on the road and beat Tennessee. I realize that Tennessee was down last year (finished 5-7), but having a lower tier MWC go on the road and beat a lower tier SEC team kind of slams the theory that conferences like the SEC are better top to bottom than a conferenc like the MWC. In no way am I saying the MWC is as good as the SEC, but the MWC is certainly a rising conference as a whole and the theory applies less to the MWC than any other non AQ conference. the MWC is every bit as good as the ACC and the Big East, at least over the last 4-5 seasons.
The MWC is NOT as good as the Big East and definitely not the ACC.

I love the Utes and they are as good as any program anywhere. Same with BYU and TCU. Air Force always is tough.

I am sorry but after that, CSU is OK...SDSU blows (especially when you consider the prime recruiting area they are in. Wyoming...Please. UNLV...where they are should kick a$$. Sanford was a great hire but man he has had 4 years and they still suck. New Mexico was ok once but now that they are sanctioned up the wazzoo,,,they really suck.

It is easy to follow the logic of the MWC being as good but I am sorry. The top 4 are as good as anyone. The rest should be in some other division.

Don't you ever wonder what the H is wrong with those other teams?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 8:14 PM
BANNED

Back to 222

Old Posted Sep 22, 2009, 11:48 PM

We'll soon have to retire this thread soon, as 222 is nearly complete. Construction is scheduled to be complete in November. I wonder if that means that the building will have tenants immediately? Maybe T-Mac would be so kind to honor us with a construction photo retrospective, to commemorate the occasion?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 3:01 AM
BANNED

I'm starting to think that 222 South Main is a little overhyped and overrated. It's cool but it's nothing special. It's just another block shaped building in SLC. Now that we can see the entire oitside of it, it is not that great.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 11:22 AM

Not personal or meant to put you on the defensive in any way, but what's with you lately Green Bro??? Every comment on every local thread about virtually everything in the area, is one negative stab after another.

Maybe we should start to rail on Portland. Seriously, It wouldn't be that difficult. I mean, I've got plenty of horror stories from all of my ex-patriot Portland friends in So. Cal. to fill a journal.

I'm not particularly enamored with the backside of 222, but then it is discreetly off the street, and to the back and center of the block. Also, 222 is very attractive in the way it is flanked and complimented by the beautiful Monaco, and it's excellent street engagement to the north. I would much rather see the parking etc. to the back instead of fully exposed, as is often the case with many current projects around the forum. I do think the Main Street engagement of 222, "which is what counts," is extremely attractive. It doesn't take a design genious to be impressed, when looking at the many pics of that particular area of Main and the flow of attractive architecture, both historic and comtemporary. IMO, that area of Main has definitely become one of the most visually attractive street engagements of any city in the Forum, and that would easily include Portland.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 23, 2009 at 1:33 PM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 5:38 PM
NYC Rick

Totally agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Not personal or meant to put you on the defensive in any way, but what's with you lately Green Bro??? Every comment on every local thread about virtually everything in the area, is one negative stab after another.

Maybe we should start to rail on Portland. Seriously, It wouldn't be that difficult. I mean, I've got plenty of horror stories from all of my ex-patriot Portland friends in So. Cal. to fill a journal.

I'm not particularly enamored with the backside of 222, but then it is discreetly off the street, and to the back and center of the block. Also, 222 is very attractive in the way it is flanked and complimented by the beautiful Monaco, and it's excellent street engagement to the north. I would much rather see the parking etc. to the back instead of fully exposed, as is often the case with many current projects around the forum. I do think the Main Street engagement of 222, "which is what counts," is extremely attractive. It doesn't take a design genious to be impressed, when looking at the many pics of that particular area of Main and the flow of attractive architecture, both historic and comtemporary. IMO, that area of Main has definitely become one of the most visually attractive street engagements of any city in the Forum, and that would easily include Portland.
Everyone can find things to not like about any building. It is rare that people find many things to bring down. I know it is all about a person's ability to express themselves. In that right a person can dislike anything and express it because that is a right we have in this fine country.

Yet, in my opinion, things are never as negative as some of the expressions on here. I am definitely not saying that Green Bro cannot say what he wants but I am sorry many of your complaints are about buildings and other aspects that add more than their looks and often seem negative just to be negative.

I was guilty of this when I came on and I regret it. Hey I only get to SLC twice a year so my statements were sometimes invalid just for not seeing the bigger picture. I regret that!

This is an awesome board to learn from.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 8:51 PM

I believe that someone asked for a little timeline perspective of the building. Here is a quick and dirty one to see what has happened.

August 26, 2007

November 4, 2007

January 25, 2008

March 15, 2008

April 5, 2008

April 19, 2008

May 17, 2008

June 10, 2008

July 4, 2008

August 14, 2008

September 14, 2008

October 4, 2008

November 15, 2008

December 6, 2008

January 17, 2009

March 22, 2009

May 3, 2009

June 14, 2009

July 25, 2009

August 23, 2009

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 8:56 PM

Great retrospective T-Mac, and thanks a million for the awesome job of keeping us up-to-date on this project. I'm very grateful to have you around.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 9:07 PM

Yes, indeed! Thanks very much, T-Mac! That was a great retrospective. Your contribution to the forum is very large, and always positive. Thanks!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 9:30 PM
BANNED

hahaha, that was cool. If you scroll down the page really fast, it reminds you of a flip book.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 1:07 AM

Is the crown done? It never seems done to me, but maybe that's how it looks...

www.UtahProjects.info

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West