HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 6:17 AM
Forever forward.

HamiltonForward general thread

(mods, I was unsure if this is allowed, but had a need to get the word out, so please feel free to delete if this is not allowed)

Hi everyone,

My name is Lachlan and I'm working to start up a pro-development group in Hamilton.

We're holding our first meeting in about a week, and I'm working to get the word out. If you consider yourself in favour of new urban development, consider joining us and shaping our policy from the ground up!

We're a completely grassroots group and anyone who attends the founding meeting will be able to join our board and develop our group's policy.

There's a new council coming in just a few months and we want to make sure that smart urban and pro-development policy is promoted and implemented like never before in Hamilton.

You can see some of our temporary, general, and unrefined policy here to get an idea about what our group is all about.

As well, you can see the full description of our first event here and RSVP here.

Hope to see you there!

Lachlan.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 12:14 PM

I think it is great that a group will present potentially make presentations to the city with a pro-development viewpoint.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 1:01 PM
It's Hammer Time

No worries, I love stuff like this posted to keep people informed.

I'm worried about our upcoming municipal election and the number of anti-LRT candidates for councilor. Should have like an excel spreadsheet and highlight all the ones who are pro-LRT to make it easier for people to decide who to vote.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 12:02 AM
Burger Connoisseur

I have a lot on my plate right now but I think this will be great diversion for me, I'm looking forward to it! I would love to have a positive impact on our city big or small!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 7:46 PM
Forever forward.

Mods, could this thread get a title update to 'HamiltonForward general thread'? Probably best to just continue this thread than start a new one, reduces clutter.

Anyways, my purpose in posting today is to inform you all that applications to join the board of directors are now open.

I had messaged a couple of you before our meeting in October to see if there was some interest and a number of you wanted to make it out but couldn't - so hopefully this format is better for you.

I encourage everyone interested to apply, we're hoping to be able to accept everyone interested as we want a fulsome and diverse board.

You can apply here.

Cheers!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy